    I am interested to know what I 'really' got

    Cheers
    ed

    Ed, Jun 9, 2006

  2. Ed

    russell Guest

    "Ed" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Does anyone have a box from a genuine SanDisk Ultra II 1gb SD card?
    >
    > My (almost certainly fake) one just turned up and on the back it says
    > 68 pictures at 5mp uncompressed and 145 compressed. That doesnt sound
    > right to me. What does a genuine box say?
    >
    > I am interested to know what I 'really' got
    >
    > Cheers
    > ed

    mine says

    camera size RAW image
    5MP..... 7.2 .... 136

    camera size JPEG
    5MP .... 3.3 .... 279

    russell, Jun 9, 2006

  3. Ed

    Ed Guest

    > mine says
    >
    > camera size RAW image
    > 5MP..... 7.2 .... 136
    >
    > camera size JPEG
    > 5MP .... 3.3 .... 279

    I expect I got a box standard SD card, not the Ultra II, perhaps 512mb.
    The box and packaging are perfect though, someone has taken a lot of
    trouble on this.

    Ed, Jun 9, 2006
  4. Ed

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Ed wrote:
    > Does anyone have a box from a genuine SanDisk Ultra II 1gb SD card?
    >
    > My (almost certainly fake) one just turned up and on the back it says
    > 68 pictures at 5mp uncompressed and 145 compressed. That doesnt sound
    > right to me. What does a genuine box say?
    >
    > I am interested to know what I 'really' got
    >
    > Cheers
    > ed

    I don't know, but on my 4mp camera, I get 306 compressed pictures on a
    256 meg card. See how many free bytes your OS reports when it is put in
    a card reader.

    Ron Hunter, Jun 9, 2006
  5. Ed

    [BnH] Guest

    Ring your local Sandisk rep and ask them.
    Emailing them are quite responsive too.

    I just got a 'good fake' Sandisk off eBAY.
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7623032946

    [BnH], Jun 9, 2006