    Also i wonder if a price of about 180USD for 1G CF card (that would be
    Extreme III) is OK to buy (in Europe).
    THX

    SleeperMan, Dec 12, 2004

  2. SleeperMan

    YoYo Guest

    I have been using sandisk for over a year and have never had a problem
    (yet). I have extreme and ultra II and both types are excellent as far as
    durability. One even was dropped into a lake but still works today.

    "SleeperMan" <> wrote in message
    > Can someone says anything (good) of these CF cards? I've heard a lot of

    bad

    YoYo, Dec 12, 2004

  3. SleeperMan

    ex cathedra Guest

    > Can someone says anything (good) of these CF cards? I've heard a lot of
    > bad things about Sandisk cards, however Extreme serie should be for pro's,
    > and as such of better quality.
    > Also i wonder if a price of about 180USD for 1G CF card (that would be
    > Extreme III) is OK to buy (in Europe).
    > THX

    Yup, you're right. A big company who is a major player in the industry
    knowingly and deliberately manufactures and distributes bad product.

    I'd be really careful about jamming one of those babies in my camera. Hell,
    it may explode, destroy your camera and damage your brain (even further).

    ex cathedra, Dec 12, 2004
  4. SleeperMan

    SleeperMan Guest

    ex cathedra wrote:
    > "SleeperMan" <> wrote in message
    >> Can someone says anything (good) of these CF cards? I've heard a lot
    >> of bad things about Sandisk cards, however Extreme serie should be
    >> for pro's, and as such of better quality.
    >> Also i wonder if a price of about 180USD for 1G CF card (that would
    >> be Extreme III) is OK to buy (in Europe).
    >> THX
    >>

    > Yup, you're right. A big company who is a major player in the industry
    > knowingly and deliberately manufactures and distributes bad product.
    >
    > I'd be really careful about jamming one of those babies in my camera.
    > Hell, it may explode, destroy your camera and damage your brain (even
    > further).

    sure...i'm being paranoid..
    i guess all cards DO die sometimes...i just (sometimes) wonder, why Sandisk
    cards are so much cheaper than others - like i have APACER Ultra steno pro
    256M and i paid exactly twice as cost of sanDisk was...
    I fear most if i loose all photos in (sure, as always) most undesirable
    moment...
    But, since these are PRO versions, i just might give it a shot...
    BTW - what about the price? is it comparable, cheap or expensive?

    SleeperMan, Dec 12, 2004
  5. SleeperMan

    SleeperMan Guest

    YoYo wrote:
    > I have been using sandisk for over a year and have never had a problem
    > (yet). I have extreme and ultra II and both types are excellent as
    > far as durability. One even was dropped into a lake but still works
    > today.

    haha...i never water-tested mine(yet)...but since in my Canon S1 i can shoot
    short video clips in (pretty)high quality, current 256M is just too small,
    since i can squeeze only good 2 minutes of video on it. So, 1G will be quite
    an improvement with over 8 minutes of video. For still shots current 256M
    will still be quite OK.

    SleeperMan, Dec 12, 2004
  6. SleeperMan

    Bill Hilton Guest

    >From: "SleeperMan" py

    >Can someone says anything (good) of these CF cards? I've heard a lot of bad
    >things about Sandisk cards, however Extreme serie should be for pro's, and
    >as such of better quality.

    The Extreme and Ultra cards come with a lifetime replacement warranty and if
    they fail they'll also try to run a data recovery routine to salvage any images
    on the cards. So far as I know this is the best warranty out there so what are
    you worried about?

    Bill Hilton, Dec 12, 2004
  7. SleeperMan

    Mark² Guest

    > Can someone says anything (good) of these CF cards? I've heard a lot of

    bad
    > things about Sandisk cards, however Extreme serie should be for pro's, and
    > as such of better quality.
    > Also i wonder if a price of about 180USD for 1G CF card (that would be
    > Extreme III) is OK to buy (in Europe).
    > THX

    I have heard almost zero "bad" about SanDisk on this forum...or from any
    other source.

    Mark², Dec 12, 2004
  8. SleeperMan

    SleeperMan Guest

    Bill Hilton wrote:
    >> From: "SleeperMan" py

    >> Can someone says anything (good) of these CF cards? I've heard a lot
    >> of bad things about Sandisk cards, however Extreme serie should be
    >> for pro's, and as such of better quality.

    > The Extreme and Ultra cards come with a lifetime replacement warranty
    > and if they fail they'll also try to run a data recovery routine to
    > salvage any images on the cards. So far as I know this is the best
    > warranty out there so what are you worried about?

    Aha...nice. I didn't know that. Thanks!

    SleeperMan, Dec 12, 2004
  9. SleeperMan

    SleeperMan Guest

    Mark² wrote:
    > "SleeperMan" <> wrote in message
    >> Can someone says anything (good) of these CF cards? I've heard a lot
    >> of bad things about Sandisk cards, however Extreme serie should be
    >> for pro's, and as such of better quality.
    >> Also i wonder if a price of about 180USD for 1G CF card (that would
    >> be Extreme III) is OK to buy (in Europe).
    >> THX

    > I have heard almost zero "bad" about SanDisk on this forum...or from
    > any other source.

    Hm...i guess it's that "funny feeling" about cheap cards...i could be wrong,
    though.(i guess i am, too)
    Mybe i'm among that ones which can be easily fooled with expensive "da best"
    ads about certain cards... :-(((

    SleeperMan, Dec 12, 2004
  10. SleeperMan

    Mark² Guest

    > Mark² wrote:
    > > "SleeperMan" <> wrote in message
    > >> Can someone says anything (good) of these CF cards? I've heard a lot
    > >> of bad things about Sandisk cards, however Extreme serie should be
    > >> for pro's, and as such of better quality.
    > >> Also i wonder if a price of about 180USD for 1G CF card (that would
    > >> be Extreme III) is OK to buy (in Europe).
    > >> THX

    > > I have heard almost zero "bad" about SanDisk on this forum...or from
    > > any other source.

    > Hm...i guess it's that "funny feeling" about cheap cards...i could be

    wrong,
    > though.(i guess i am, too)
    > Mybe i'm among that ones which can be easily fooled with expensive "da

    best"
    > ads about certain cards... :-(((

    SanDisk is not considered a "cheap" brand, though I think their prices are
    quite decent. They are actually the largest card producer in the world, and
    have a good reputation in both reliability and replacement warranty (which
    is life-time, no questions asked).

    Mark², Dec 12, 2004
  11. SleeperMan

    Mark² Guest

    > ex cathedra wrote:
    > > "SleeperMan" <> wrote in message
    > >> Can someone says anything (good) of these CF cards? I've heard a lot
    > >> of bad things about Sandisk cards, however Extreme serie should be
    > >> for pro's, and as such of better quality.
    > >> Also i wonder if a price of about 180USD for 1G CF card (that would
    > >> be Extreme III) is OK to buy (in Europe).
    > >> THX
    > >>

    > > Yup, you're right. A big company who is a major player in the industry
    > > knowingly and deliberately manufactures and distributes bad product.
    > >
    > > I'd be really careful about jamming one of those babies in my camera.
    > > Hell, it may explode, destroy your camera and damage your brain (even
    > > further).

    > sure...i'm being paranoid..
    > i guess all cards DO die sometimes...i just (sometimes) wonder, why

    Sandisk
    > cards are so much cheaper than others -

    That's one of the advantages of being the largest card-producer in the
    world.
    Mass quantities allow for a different pricing/marketing models.

    Mark², Dec 12, 2004
  12. SleeperMan

    mort Guest

    Hi,

    In the USA, a 1 GB Extreme SanDisk CF card is about $95. I don't know the price
    structure overseas. By the way, the cards are made in China. Good luck.

    Mort

    mort, Dec 13, 2004
  13. SleeperMan

    SleeperMan Guest

    Mark² wrote:
    > "SleeperMan" <> wrote in message
    >> Mark² wrote:
    >>> "SleeperMan" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> I have heard almost zero "bad" about SanDisk on this forum...or from
    >>> any other source.

    >> Hm...i guess it's that "funny feeling" about cheap cards...i could
    >> be wrong, though.(i guess i am, too)
    >> Mybe i'm among that ones which can be easily fooled with expensive
    >> "da best" ads about certain cards... :-(((

    > SanDisk is not considered a "cheap" brand, though I think their
    > prices are quite decent. They are actually the largest card producer
    > in the world, and have a good reputation in both reliability and
    > replacement warranty (which is life-time, no questions asked).

    yep. Thanks

    SleeperMan, Dec 13, 2004
  14. SleeperMan

    SleeperMan Guest

    mort wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > In the USA, a 1 GB Extreme SanDisk CF card is about $95. I don't know
    > the price structure overseas. By the way, the cards are made in
    > China. Good luck.

    Ha...i guess once again i'll take the short one...same is with printers...I
    paid twice as much for mine canon ip4000 as you guys in USA...
    damn....

    > Mort
    >
    > SleeperMan wrote:
    >
    >> ex cathedra wrote:
    >>> "SleeperMan" <> wrote in message
    >>>>

    >>> Yup, you're right. A big company who is a major player in the
    >>> industry knowingly and deliberately manufactures and distributes
    >>> bad product.
    >>>
    >>> I'd be really careful about jamming one of those babies in my
    >>> camera. Hell, it may explode, destroy your camera and damage your
    >>> brain (even further).
    >>> X

    SleeperMan, Dec 13, 2004