    CompactFlash for $43.99.

    Thanks.

    Guy
    Guy Scharf, Aug 22, 2003

  2. Guy Scharf

    Sandy Guest

    Depends what you mean by "performance." Every 256mb cf card will capture
    the same number of images on your camera. Will one card be faster or
    slower, maybe, but not so you would notice. Sounds like a good buy to me.
    I bought mine at Costco and paid about $8 more. Go for it.

    Sandy, Aug 22, 2003

  3. Guy Scharf

    Alan F Cross Guest

    In message <Xns93DF80C9D615Dguyspamcopnet@216.168.3.44>, Guy Scharf
    <> writes
    >I am considering a SanDisk 256MB CompactFlash card (not the Ultra) for
    >use with a Nikon 950. I take all photos in fine mode, so a 256MB card
    >will hold 200+ images.
    >
    >Can anyone tell me whether the performance of the card in recording
    >images with the 950 would be noticeably better with some other card?
    >
    >fwiw, Costco has a coupon good next week for the 256MB SanDisk
    >CompactFlash for $43.99.
    >
    >Thanks.
    >
    >Guy

    I don't think Nikon rate the 950 beyond 192MB, though I've heard of some
    working to 256MB. Check the Nikon site.

    If your particular card doesn't work (or work to full capacity) I
    suspect neither Nikon or the card company will be on your side.
    --
    Alan F Cross
    Alan F Cross, Aug 22, 2003
  4. Guy Scharf

    Guy Scharf Guest

    "Don Coon" <coondw_nospam@hotmail_dot_.com> wrote:

    > Kingston has a 256MB CF card for $39.99 shipped after a $15
    > rebate. They ship Fedex 2nd day! Also no sales tax which would
    > have been another $3.30 here.
    >
    > http://www.kingston.com/promo/default.asp

    Thanks for the pointer. Unfortunately, Kingston would charge me sales
    tax. Still, it works out to about $5 less than the SanDisk at CostCo
    next week.

    Any opinions on how SanDisk and Kingston compare for quality, speed,
    and warranty service?

    Thanks.

    Guy
    Guy Scharf, Aug 23, 2003