    So, what do I do now, please ?

    Thanks,
    B.

    Robert11, Jan 19, 2009

  2. Robert11 wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > Bought one of those SanDisk Flash Drives. Running XP
    > 2 GB model, called a SanDisk Cruzer Micro USB Flash Drive.
    >
    > Instructions say to "just plug it into a USB slot.
    > No Drivers or other installation required."
    >
    > O.K., I plugged it in to a USB slot.
    > Nothing comes up on desktop, or nothing about it seems to appear if I
    > look in Windows Explorwer, My Computer\
    >
    > So, what do I do now, please ?

    Have a look at management - disk management. You may need to create a
    partition and format the thumbdrive from there.
    Also look up device manager for yellow marks.

    wisdomkiller @ pain, Jan 19, 2009

  3. Robert11

    richard Guest

    On Mon, 19 Jan 2009 13:42:36 -0500, "Robert11" <>
    wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >Bought one of those SanDisk Flash Drives. Running XP
    >2 GB model, called a SanDisk Cruzer Micro USB Flash Drive.
    >
    >Instructions say to "just plug it into a USB slot.
    >No Drivers or other installation required."
    >
    >O.K., I plugged it in to a USB slot.
    >Nothing comes up on desktop, or nothing about it seems to appear if I look
    >in Windows Explorwer, My Computer\
    >
    >So, what do I do now, please ?
    >
    >Thanks,
    >B.

    Check to see if your ports are turned on.
    Plug in something else to that port and see if it works.
    If not, the unit could be bad.

    As soon as you plug it in, the light should turn on and begin
    blinking. For the first install, you should get a dialog box stating
    the software is being installed. After that, you'll just see the light
    come on. If there is no light working, it's probably bad.

    remove it, then plug it back in. Does it get noticed now?
    If not, take it back.

    richard, Jan 19, 2009
  4. Robert11

    Robert11 Guest

    From OP: Problem Fixed. Re: San Disk Cruzer Micro USB Flash Drive Question

    Hi all,

    Found the problem.

    The USB connector is a bit flaky.
    Seems to be the micro drive's one, not the PC.

    A lot of wiggling of the connector, and a few tries, got it recognized.

    Thanks fdor help,
    Bob

    -----------------

    Robert11, Jan 19, 2009
  5. Robert11

    Fred Kasner Guest

    wisdomkiller @ pain wrote:
    > Robert11 wrote:
    >
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> Bought one of those SanDisk Flash Drives. Running XP
    >> 2 GB model, called a SanDisk Cruzer Micro USB Flash Drive.
    >>
    >> Instructions say to "just plug it into a USB slot.
    >> No Drivers or other installation required."
    >>
    >> O.K., I plugged it in to a USB slot.
    >> Nothing comes up on desktop, or nothing about it seems to appear if I
    >> look in Windows Explorwer, My Computer\
    >>
    >> So, what do I do now, please ?
    >>

    > Have a look at management - disk management. You may need to create a
    > partition and format the thumbdrive from there.
    > Also look up device manager for yellow marks.

    If he follows your advice he'll screw up the San Disk drive. It requires
    no initial partition. If you attempt to partition it from Windows you'll
    find it unusable. You'll have to go to their web site to get a
    partitioning program. Go to my computer and see if there is a new disk
    drive letter. If there isn't try rebooting the puter with the San Disk
    drive in place and it should show up in My Computer and probably also in
    Windows Explorer. If you formatted it you will probably have to
    repartition it with the files you can download from manufacturer.
    FK

    Fred Kasner, Jan 20, 2009