    Are Russian lenses (Peleng, Industar, Jupiter, etc) made in Russia or
    Ukraine? Are these the same company who make the Zenit camera?
    Thanks for info.

    R Halim, Apr 17, 2010

  2. R Halim

    Ray Fischer Guest

    R Halim <> wrote:
    >Just a few question about Samyang and Russian lenses. The ultra wide
    >angle lenses (included fish eye lens) have very cheap price in
    >comparison to the name brand lenses. I wonder if anyone who uses these
    >lenses can comment about the image quality, and performance of these
    >lenses.

    They're often missing autofocus and sometimes even auto aperture.
    That saves a lot on the price. They also have small apertures making
    them useful only for sunlit scenes.

    >Where do you get your lenses? I could not find much info for
    >distributor in North America, except from e-bay.

    Try Amazon.

    --
    Ray Fischer

    Ray Fischer, Apr 18, 2010

  3. R Halim

    Rich Guest

    On Apr 17, 6:24 pm, R Halim <> wrote:
    > Just a few question about Samyang and Russian lenses. The ultra wide
    > angle lenses (included fish eye lens) have very cheap price in
    > comparison to the name brand lenses. I wonder if anyone who uses these
    > lenses can comment about the image quality, and performance of these
    > lenses.
    > Where do you get your lenses? I could not find much info for
    > distributor in North America, except from e-bay.
    > Why do Samyang's lenses appear to be coming out from its Poland's
    > office? Is it because they are targeting the european market from the
    > Polish branch of Samyang?
    > Are Russian lenses (Peleng, Industar, Jupiter, etc) made in Russia or
    > Ukraine? Are these the same company who make the Zenit camera?
    > Thanks for info.

    Jupiter 9 (Russian) was the worst 85mm lens I've ever used. I
    wouldn't touch it on a bet. The Samyang are overrated by fans, but
    are acceptable for the price.

    Rich, Apr 18, 2010