    Something about the lens mount throat diameter and the registration
    distance. If this is the case, it just illustrates one more company
    that only sees conventional customers as its potential customers.

    Rich, Jan 17, 2010

  2. "Rich" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Why? It's possible (not proven yet) that it won't accept Leica M
    > lenses (and others) with an adapter like the micro 4/3rds cameras do.
    > Something about the lens mount throat diameter and the registration
    > distance. If this is the case, it just illustrates one more company
    > that only sees conventional customers as its potential customers.

    Conventional customers will make the sensible choice, a Nikon or Canon
    DSLR, with a respectable range of lenses available.

    David

    David J Taylor, Jan 18, 2010

  3. Rich

    Rich Guest

    On Jan 18, 3:57 am, "David J Taylor" <-
    this-bit.and-this-part.co.uk.invalid> wrote:
    > "Rich" <> wrote in message

    > > Why?  It's possible (not proven yet) that it won't accept Leica M
    > > lenses (and others) with an adapter like the micro 4/3rds cameras do.
    > > Something about the lens mount throat diameter and the registration
    > > distance.  If this is the case, it just illustrates one more company
    > > that only sees conventional customers as its potential customers.

    > Conventional customers will make the sensible choice, a Nikon or Canon
    > DSLR, with a respectable range of lenses available.
    >
    > David

    But, a lot of owners of Canon and Nikon have bought into micro 4/3rds
    as a portable second camera system.
    I don't think anyone is positioning these products to replace full
    DSLR systems, though some have jumped ship.

    Rich, Jan 18, 2010