Samsung SyncMaster 910MP Monitor black outs

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Chaudhry.Nijjhar, Nov 4, 2008.

  1. Chaudhry.Nijjhar, Nov 4, 2008

  2. Chaudhry.Nijjhar

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 4 Nov 2008 19:14:52 -0000, "Chaudhry.Nijjhar"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I am using the above Monitor with XP and some times it would black out and
    >come back again other times I have to unplug it and replug before it appears
    >again.
    >
    >It may be that the Driver is corrupted. How should I replace the old
    >corrupted driver please?

    When you say it goes black - does the power remain on on it? (ie there
    should be a power light - what's the status of that light when the
    monitor goes 'black'?

    Evan Platt, Nov 5, 2008

  3. Chaudhry.Nijjhar

    Guest

    "Chaudhry.Nijjhar" <> wrote:

    >I am using the above Monitor with XP and some times it would black out and
    >come back again other times I have to unplug it and replug before it appears
    >again.

    Check your video cable. Un/pluging to get it to work could jiggle the
    connection.
    --

    http://amanita-design.net/samorost-2/

    , Nov 5, 2008
  4. Chaudhry.Nijjhar

    ian field Guest

    "nobody >" <> wrote in message
    > Chaudhry.Nijjhar wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I am using the above Monitor with XP and some times it would black out
    >> and come back again other times I have to unplug it and replug before it
    >> appears again.
    >>
    >> It may be that the Driver is corrupted. How should I replace the old
    >> corrupted driver please?
    >>

    > This doesn't sound like a driver problem, it's almost definite that you
    > have either an intermittent monitor or videocard (or mobo if integrated
    > video.

    It would help if the OP made it clear whether it was a crt monitor or a flat
    screen.

    ian field, Nov 5, 2008
  5. On Tue, 04 Nov 2008 19:14:52 +0000, Chaudhry.Nijjhar aided th' terraists
    with the following claims :

    > Hi,
    >
    > I am using the above Monitor with XP and some times it would black out and
    > come back again other times I have to unplug it and replug before it appears
    > again.
    >
    > It may be that the Driver is corrupted. How should I replace the old
    > corrupted driver please?

    When it heats up theres some connection (electrical) being dropped.
    Some chip or pin or sommat is wot yer problem is, mate.
    Take it to a electrical repair shop wot fixes monitors.

    HTH

    http://i35.tinypic.com/2czc1ua.jpg

    §ñühwØ£f, Nov 5, 2008
  6. Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Nov 5, 2008
  7. Chaudhry.Nijjhar

    Clot Guest

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > ian field wrote:
    >
    >> It would help if the OP made it clear whether it was a crt monitor or
    >> a flat screen.

    > http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Samsung SyncMaster 910MP
    >
    > Took less time than your reply would have... :)

    I did the same search and then the Samsung site and couldn't find any useful
    info. A specific "one-off" model for Currys or who ever?

    Clot, Nov 5, 2008
  8. "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 4 Nov 2008 19:14:52 -0000, "Chaudhry.Nijjhar"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>I am using the above Monitor with XP and some times it would black out and
    >>come back again other times I have to unplug it and replug before it
    >>appears
    >>again.
    >>
    >>It may be that the Driver is corrupted. How should I replace the old
    >>corrupted driver please?

    > When you say it goes black - does the power remain on on it? (ie there
    > should be a power light - what's the status of that light when the
    > monitor goes 'black'?

    Power on the monitor could be seen and it is not blinking. You cannot
    switch it off either but have to take the plug off to switch it off and on
    again. It appears or works then.

    Rajinder

    Chaudhry.Nijjhar, Nov 23, 2008