Samsung smartphone won't sync on Vista

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Boppy, May 11, 2008.

  1. Boppy

    Boppy Guest

    Hi guys, just acquired a brand new Samsung i325 and am connecting via
    Bluetooth. The setup software that came with the phone took a few
    attempts to install and I am having trouble syncing between the phone
    and my Asus notebook running Vista. The software won't even recognise
    my connected phone via USB.

    Attempting to separately install the ActiveSync component from the CD
    does not wok and I get an error message saying ActiveSync cannot be
    installed on Windows Vista.

    I haven't yet connected to the Telecom network, but that shouldn't
    affect the software, should it?

    Has anyone else recently acquired one of these phones and managed to
    get it to install correctly with Vista?

    Obviously I have communicated my issue to the retailer, but thought it
    worth checking here too because they won't be open until tomorrow.

    Thanks in advance for advice,
    Boppy, May 11, 2008

  2. On May 11, 4:55 pm, Boppy <> wrote:
    > Hi guys, just acquired a brand new Samsung i325 and am connecting via
    > Bluetooth. The setup software that came with the phone took a few
    > attempts to install and I am having trouble syncing between the phone
    > and my Asus notebook running Vista. The software won't even recognise
    > my connected phone via USB.
    >
    > Attempting to separately install the ActiveSync component from the CD
    > does not wok and I get an error message saying ActiveSync cannot be
    > installed on Windows Vista.
    >
    > I haven't yet connected to the Telecom network, but that shouldn't
    > affect the software, should it?
    >
    > Has anyone else recently acquired one of these phones and managed to
    > get it to install correctly with Vista?
    >
    > Obviously I have communicated my issue to the retailer, but thought it
    > worth checking here too because they won't be open until tomorrow.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for advice,

    Try installing the Windows Mobile Device Centre 6.1 for Windows Vista,
    it replaces ActiveSync

    You can download from http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/devicecenter.mspx

    Try synching over USB first, which should work once the software is
    installed on Vista, and then try setting up Bluetooth

    Cheers
    Nathan
    Nathan Mercer, May 11, 2008

  3. Boppy

    Boppy Guest

    On May 11, 6:10 pm, Nathan Mercer <> wrote:
    > On May 11, 4:55 pm, Boppy <> wrote:
    >

    > > Hi guys, just acquired a brand new Samsung i325 and am connecting via
    > > Bluetooth. The setup software that came with the phone took a few
    > > attempts to install and I am having trouble syncing between the phone
    > > and my Asus notebook running Vista. The software won't even recognise
    > > my connected phone via USB.

    > > Attempting to separately install the ActiveSync component from the CD
    > > does not wok and I get an error message saying ActiveSync cannot be
    > > installed on Windows Vista.

    > > I haven't yet connected to the Telecom network, but that shouldn't
    > > affect the software, should it?

    > > Has anyone else recently acquired one of these phones and managed to
    > > get it to install correctly with Vista?

    > > Obviously I have communicated my issue to the retailer, but thought it
    > > worth checking here too because they won't be open until tomorrow.

    > > Thanks in advance for advice,

    > Try installing the Windows Mobile Device Centre 6.1 for Windows Vista,
    > it replaces ActiveSync
    >
    > You can download fromhttp://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/devicecenter.mspx
    >
    > Try synching over USB first, which should work once the software is
    > installed on Vista, and then try setting up Bluetooth
    >
    > Cheers
    > Nathan

    Hi Nathan, thanks for replying. Unfortunately this still doesn't let
    me connect, either by bluetooth or USB. The application opens but I
    get no options, just the "not connected" message.
    Boppy, May 11, 2008
  4. Boppy

    Boppy Guest

    Thanks for replying Collector. I did notice on the initial install the
    device drivers failed to install but after installing the update
    mentioned in Nathan's post, the device drivers went in correctly.

    Boppy, May 11, 2008