    confusing.

    Otherwise is there a dedicated NG for Samsung I could post to?

    Thanks to all my readers.

    Aitch, Sep 27, 2003

  2. Aitch

    Jerry G. Guest

    I have a few Samsung monitors, but not this model. All the ones I have, you
    press Menu, and use the arrow keys to navigate. Press Menu again to enter
    the function. Press Menu again to highlight the function, if necessary.
    Use the arrow keys to change the value of the function. Press Exit to step
    your way back out.

    If you are using an LCD screen, press Auto, and it is all done for you. It
    is best to use the Auto function with a screen full of text, in the native
    resolution for the monitor. LCD monitors only work best in their native
    resolution.

    --

    Greetings,

    Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
    WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com
    Instruments http://www.zoom-one.com/glgtech.htm

    "Aitch" <> wrote in message
    Can anyone tell me how to use the set-up controls on a Samsung SyncMaster
    152V monitor? No info comes with it and the buttons and contols I find

    Jerry G., Sep 27, 2003

  3. Aitch

    Philip SC Guest

    http://tinyurl.com/ov0g

    Philip SC, Sep 27, 2003
  4. Aitch

    Patrick Guest

    Aitch wrote:
    > Can anyone tell me how to use the set-up controls on a Samsung
    > SyncMaster 152V monitor? No info comes with it and the buttons and
    > contols I find confusing.
    >
    > Otherwise is there a dedicated NG for Samsung I could post to?
    >
    > Thanks to all my readers.

    I believe that I have found a (Acrobat Reader PDF-file) manual at iether
    link below;

    I'm afraid it seems to be quite a big file.
    Look at page 32 when you've got the file,.

    (actual address is 182 characacters long, so short links).

    http://tinyurl.com/ovn5

    or

    http://makeashorterlink.com/?J26731706

    Patrick, Sep 27, 2003
  5. Aitch

    Aitch Guest

    Philip,
    Many thanks. I went to the site, and downloaded manual - I thought. Tried
    twice, each time d/load failed. There is nothing to show timing lapsed or
    percentage - simply at the end a message
    "Acrobat Reader.
    A file I/O error has occurred.
    The file connection timed out"

    Any advice please?

    Aitch, Sep 27, 2003
  6. Aitch

    Patrick Guest

    Aitch wrote:
    > Philip,
    > Many thanks. I went to the site, and downloaded manual - I thought.
    > Tried twice, each time d/load failed. There is nothing to show timing
    > lapsed or percentage - simply at the end a message
    > "Acrobat Reader.
    > A file I/O error has occurred.
    > The file connection timed out"
    >
    > Any advice please?

    The trouble is that the file is ~11.5MB (contains details of thiere other
    models).
    I have the file, but it took me some several attempts (and time) to get it.
    I'll have a look at it, and see if I can extract some pertinent text.

    Patrick, Sep 27, 2003
  7. Aitch

    Patrick Guest

    Patrick wrote:
    > Aitch wrote:
    >> Philip,
    >> Many thanks. I went to the site, and downloaded manual - I thought.
    >> Tried twice, each time d/load failed. There is nothing to show timing
    >> lapsed or percentage - simply at the end a message
    >> "Acrobat Reader.
    >> A file I/O error has occurred.
    >> The file connection timed out"
    >>
    >> Any advice please?

    > The trouble is that the file is ~11.5MB (contains details of thiere
    > other models).
    > I have the file, but it took me some several attempts (and time) to
    > get it. I'll have a look at it, and see if I can extract some
    > pertinent text.

    Here I hope is the most pertinent details;
    Do try again to get the file (maybe at a quieter time).
    ------------
    You have five buttons on front of Monitor (left to right)
    'Auto/Exit' call no #3
    'Menu' call no #1
    powersymbol
    '-' '+' call no #2

    #1, Use this button to open the OSD and activate a highlighted menu item.

    #2, Use these buttons to highlight and adjust items using the On Screen
    Display. These buttons are also direct access buttons for the brightness
    features.

    #3, Use this button to Exit the active menu or the OSD.

    Patrick, Sep 27, 2003
  8. Aitch

    Patrick Guest

    Patrick wrote:
    > Patrick wrote:
    >> Aitch wrote:
    >>> Philip,
    >>> Many thanks. I went to the site, and downloaded manual - I thought.
    >>> Tried twice, each time d/load failed. There is nothing to show
    >>> timing lapsed or percentage - simply at the end a message
    >>> "Acrobat Reader.
    >>> A file I/O error has occurred.
    >>> The file connection timed out"
    >>>
    >>> Any advice please?

    >> The trouble is that the file is ~11.5MB (contains details of thiere
    >> other models).
    >> I have the file, but it took me some several attempts (and time) to
    >> get it. I'll have a look at it, and see if I can extract some
    >> pertinent text.

    > Here I hope is the most pertinent details;
    > Do try again to get the file (maybe at a quieter time).
    > ------------
    > You have five buttons on front of Monitor (left to right)
    > 'Auto/Exit' call no #3
    > 'Menu' call no #1
    > powersymbol
    > '-' '+' call no #2
    >
    > #1, Use this button to open the OSD and activate a highlighted menu
    > item.
    >
    > #2, Use these buttons to highlight and adjust items using the On
    > Screen Display. These buttons are also direct access buttons for the
    > brightness features.
    >
    > #3, Use this button to Exit the active menu or the OSD.

    Here is something else that may be pertinent;
    ---------
    I cannot see the On
    Screen Display.
    Have you locked the On Screen
    Display (OSD) Menu to prevent
    changes?
    Unlock the OSD by pressing the
    MENU button for at least 5 seconds.

    Patrick, Sep 27, 2003
  9. Aitch

    Aitch Guest

    Thanks to all three of you. It boiled down to using the buttons on the
    monitorin the right sequence. Very grasteful for all your efforts.

    Aitch, Sep 28, 2003
  10. Aitch

    Patrick Guest

    Aitch wrote:
    > Thanks to all three of you. It boiled down to using the buttons on the
    > monitorin the right sequence. Very grasteful for all your efforts.

    I've got the same thing on my monitor, I've got a manual (thank heavens),
    but still find it difficult !
    Best wishes Patrick

    Patrick, Sep 28, 2003