    printer don't install at all. [Hey, it was worth a try.] I already
    checked planet64.
    , Mar 22, 2007

  2. Guest

    On Mar 22, 12:48 am, wrote:
    > I changed routers and had to reinstall my print server. I got the
    > router set up to find the print server, which works just fine. It's an
    > Axis 5600. What I can't find are the drivers. When I built the system,
    > I swear the driver was on there after I did the install. Can drivers
    > be pulled from the x64 install disk?
    >
    > If you are familiar with Axis adaprinter, the program has no problem
    > finding the printer. The older XP drivers for the ml-7050 will install
    > (i.e. you can run the installation program), but the driver themselves
    > won't install when you run adaprinter. The vista drivers for the
    > printer don't install at all. [Hey, it was worth a try.] I already
    > checked planet64.

    Well, answering my own post, it turns out the driver that comes with
    x64 is called ntprint.inf . It contains information for many printers.
    I'm reasonably sure this is the driver I used when I first set up the
    system since it is a bit peculiar in that you can only use the ML-7050
    in postscript mode.

    I still have a problem with the installation, but it is probably with
    the axis software.
    , Mar 23, 2007

  3. Guest

    On Mar 22, 11:19 pm, wrote:
    > On Mar 22, 12:48 am, wrote:
    >
    > > I changed routers and had to reinstall my print server. I got the
    > > router set up to find the print server, which works just fine. It's an
    > > Axis 5600. What I can't find are the drivers. When I built the system,
    > > I swear the driver was on there after I did the install. Can drivers
    > > be pulled from the x64 install disk?

    > > If you are familiar with Axis adaprinter, the program has no problem
    > > finding the printer. The older XP drivers for the ml-7050 will install
    > > (i.e. you can run the installation program), but the driver themselves
    > > won't install when you run adaprinter. The vista drivers for the
    > > printer don't install at all. [Hey, it was worth a try.] I already
    > > checked planet64.

    > Well, answering my own post, it turns out the driver that comes with
    > x64 is called ntprint.inf . It contains information for many printers.
    > I'm reasonably sure this is the driver I used when I first set up the
    > system since it is a bit peculiar in that you can only use the ML-7050
    > in postscript mode.
    >
    > I still have a problem with the installation, but it is probably with
    > the axis software.

    Still talking to myself. ;-)

    Should anyone else have this problem, the key is to run the Axis
    thinwizard to identify the network. Then run the add a printer in the
    control panel. The windows software managed to find a pcl5 driver.
    However, I also use the ntprint.inf found in c:/windows/inf to get the
    postscipt driver installed.
    , Mar 23, 2007