    little of the toner?

    Thanks in anticipation

    Bill

    Bill, Oct 25, 2003

  2. Bill

    Harrison Guest

    The Screensavers did a laser printer feature the other day.
    Information be of some help to you.
    http://www.techtv.com/screensavers/products/story/0,24330,3549647,00.html

    Harrison, Oct 25, 2003

  3. Bill

    Bill Guest

    Glad of the reference - it prompted me to do a little more digging and it
    seems that this particular printer is now discontinued by Samsung although
    it is still for sale in the UK.You saved me from buying a printer which is
    already dated. Still don't know the answer to my query about toner life
    however but thanks for your help.
    Bill

    Bill, Oct 25, 2003
  4. Bill

    Harrison Guest

    You're most welcome.
    If I'd had information on the toner, I would have gladly posted that
    as well.
    I'm happy with my Epson C80 for now, but A laserjet under $200 US
    makes a lot of sense.

    Harrison, Oct 25, 2003
  5. Bill

    Mike0000 Guest

    Bill wrote:

    > My needs are very modest - black and white text printing only for perhaps
    > just 10 or so letters a month. The Samsung cartridges are described as
    > having an average life of around 2,500 pages which, at that rate, would last
    > me some 20 years! But nowhere can I find any indication of the chronological
    > life of toner i.e. does it become unusable after a while and am I likely to
    > have to buy a new cartridge every year or so despite having used only a
    > little of the toner?

    Samsung ML-1710 replaced that model. After rebate I got mine for $100.

    A couple points:

    1. Toner that comes with these things is "starter toner" and 1/4 the
    capacity of the real toner carts.

    2. I've seen toner carts last years (two or more?) with no problems.

    I wouldnt worry about it too much.

    --
    Mike
    Block Banner Ads Now

    Mike0000, Oct 26, 2003
  6. Bill

    Harrison Guest

    On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 04:32:15 GMT, Mike0000
    <> wrote:

    >Bill wrote:
    >

    >> My needs are very modest - black and white text printing only for perhaps
    >> just 10 or so letters a month. The Samsung cartridges are described as
    >> having an average life of around 2,500 pages which, at that rate, would last
    >> me some 20 years! But nowhere can I find any indication of the chronological
    >> life of toner i.e. does it become unusable after a while and am I likely to
    >> have to buy a new cartridge every year or so despite having used only a
    >> little of the toner?

    >Samsung ML-1710 replaced that model. After rebate I got mine for $100.

    May I ask, where? That's a killer deal!

    Harrison, Oct 26, 2003
  7. Bill

    Bill Guest

    "Mike0000" <> wrote in message
    Thanks for the reply Mike. Not sure which of the 2 models you managed to
    get, but are you happy with it?
    Bill

    Bill, Oct 26, 2003
  8. Bill

    hugh jass Guest

    I recently bought a 1710 at Staples/Business Depot up here in Canada. Not
    sure if you have these stores in the U.S. It was $229.CDN -> approx.
    $150USD
    It is small, fast and reasonably quiet.
    good luck

    --
    ______________________
    "Harrison" <> wrote in message
    : On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 04:32:15 GMT, Mike0000
    : <> wrote:
    :
    : >Bill wrote:
    : >
    : >>

    hugh jass, Oct 26, 2003
  9. Bill

    Mike0000 Guest

    Harrison wrote:

    >>Samsung ML-1710 replaced that model. After rebate I got mine for $100.

    > May I ask, where? That's a killer deal!

    It was Best Buy, but at the time Samsung was offering the rebate to all
    resellers. Look around. I sometimes visit this deal site, in fact I
    probably saw it there:

    http://devsdeals.com/

    Mike0000, Oct 28, 2003
  10. Bill

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 07:20:42 GMT, Mike0000
    <> scribbled:

    >Harrison wrote:
    >

    >>>Samsung ML-1710 replaced that model. After rebate I got mine for $100.

    >> May I ask, where? That's a killer deal!
    >>

    >It was Best Buy, but at the time Samsung was offering the rebate to all
    >resellers. Look around. I sometimes visit this deal site, in fact I
    >probably saw it there:

    They run that sale on the ML-1710 every few weeks, it's on
    right now, on sale for $169.99 with a $70 rebate.

    Riddles II, v3
    - T. Pratchett

    -= Hawk =-, Oct 28, 2003