    and some windows are so off screen that I cannot accept or take the
    config any further due to the button being off screen. I cannot find
    anything on the Samsung site that helps, Anyone any ideas?
    vandebag, Apr 20, 2006

  2. vandebag wrote:
    > I have recently purchased a Samsung LW20M21C LCD TV. It has a D
    > connector for the video input as you expect on a monitor.The manual
    > requires that you set the screen resolution to 640x480 with a max 60Hz,
    > which I have dutifully done! Unfortunately, the icons appear oversize
    > and some windows are so off screen that I cannot accept or take the
    > config any further due to the button being off screen. I cannot find
    > anything on the Samsung site that helps, Anyone any ideas?

    If the monitor "requires" that it be set to 640x480, there's not much
    you can do. But if you can set it to 800x600 or 1024x768 then your icons
    and windows will be sized more normally.

    As for configuring it with the button offscreen, you can use the tab key
    to move the focus to the "Okay" button and then press Enter.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Apr 20, 2006

  3. vandebag

    EricP Guest

    On 20 Apr 2006 10:17:16 -0700, "vandebag"
    <> wrote:

    >I have recently purchased a Samsung LW20M21C LCD TV. It has a D
    >connector for the video input as you expect on a monitor.The manual
    >requires that you set the screen resolution to 640x480 with a max 60Hz,
    >which I have dutifully done! Unfortunately, the icons appear oversize
    >and some windows are so off screen that I cannot accept or take the
    >config any further due to the button being off screen. I cannot find
    >anything on the Samsung site that helps, Anyone any ideas?

    Yes, take it back, it's crap.There's nothing you can do about it.

    640x480 on the PC went out in 1994
    EricP, Apr 20, 2006
  4. vandebag

    Peaches Guest

    "vandebag" <> wrote in message
    >I have recently purchased a Samsung LW20M21C LCD TV. It has a D
    > connector for the video input as you expect on a monitor.The manual
    > requires that you set the screen resolution to 640x480 with a max 60Hz,
    > which I have dutifully done! Unfortunately, the icons appear oversize
    > and some windows are so off screen that I cannot accept or take the
    > config any further due to the button being off screen. I cannot find
    > anything on the Samsung site that helps, Anyone any ideas?

    Because it is a TV as well as your PC monitor, that is the resolution
    you must set for TV program playback.
    Do This:
    Start/Settings/Control Panel
    In Control Panel, click the "Display" icon.
    The Display properties dialog will appear
    Click the "Appearence" tab
    Click the "Advanced" button.
    In the next dialog, in drop down select "Icon"
    you can now reduce the size of desktop icons to suit your
    screen resolution, and also font size for Icons etc.
    When complete, Close that dialog.
    Now back in "Display Properties", click the "Desktop" tab.
    Here you can change the background if you wish.
    For resizing windows and dialog's, Experiment with the
    options in "Position" drop down.
    You will have to experiment to find the best settings.
    You have to click "Apply" followed by "OK" for every/each
    change you experiment with.
    Peaches, Apr 20, 2006
  5. vandebag

    vandebag Guest

    Thanks for your help. Icons and desktop look better but sorry to say,
    "position" seems to be on the best setting for the desktop already and
    strangely does not seem to effect the window size. If, for example, I
    open "folder options" the blue bar is at the top of the screen and the
    "ok" "cancel" and "apply" buttons are off the bottom. I guess Eric is
    right!
    vandebag, Apr 21, 2006