    I have read that some games will not run when launched from a Burner..

    Sorry I don't know the model No.

    Mind you not a drive that I would buy at all.
    Geronimo, Nov 7, 2004

  2. Geronimo

    OldDog Guest

    Does your friend have a "virtual drive" enabled on his computer? If so,
    then there's a few games that won't run with it enabled. Call of Duty is
    one that I can think of.

    There's a couple of solutions.

    1. Uninstall the virtual drive.

    2. There's a way of hiding the virtual drive. Maybe someone else in here
    can tell you how to do it since I've forgotten. Or search the web.

    3. Email Samsung & the game companies and ask their Tech Support people
    for help.

    "Geronimo" <> wrote in message

    > A friend has just bought a part new system from Quay, it came with

    Samsung
    > DVD Writer, but it does not like games, even the games that I think came

    with
    > the drive.
    >

    > This is were the Game checks its copy protection and can't find the

    correct

    OldDog, Nov 8, 2004

  3. Never Buy Samsung its SamSucky,

    The Other Guy., Nov 9, 2004
  4. Geronimo

    Jackson Guest

    "Geronimo" <> wrote in message

    > Mind you not a drive that I would buy at all.

    Well why would you when you claim you've got a $10,000 computer system. All
    your PC equipment is hand made especially for you isn't it? BTW, why haven't
    you given it your 'crap' mark yet?

    You silly old twat Woger.

    Jackson.
    Jackson, Nov 10, 2004