Samsung DVD-ROM SD-608 not working

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt, Jan 2, 2005.

  1. Hi,

    I have two CD-ROMs. One is Samsung DVD-ROM SD-608 and the other is a
    Phillips re-writable CD-ROM.

    Now, a virus corrupted my drivers and both vanished from my Computer
    button. Now, one Samsung DVD-ROM SD-608 is appearing but when I load it
    with any CD it does not read. The eject button works.

    There is another error appearing under "Other devices" with a question
    mark ? and under it PCI-Parrallel Controller a question mark ? and !
    mark. Both are yellow coloured.

    I am using Win98SE.

    I went to Samsung Official web site and it seems the drivers for SD-608
    are not available. There are other models.

    How could you help me please? I can ring a person in U.K. for on line
    help.

    My tel. 0118 962 3200

    Rajinder
    Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt, Jan 2, 2005

  2. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    tinytim Guest

    "Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have two CD-ROMs. One is Samsung DVD-ROM SD-608 and the other is a
    > Phillips re-writable CD-ROM.
    >
    > Now, a virus corrupted my drivers and both vanished from my Computer
    > button. Now, one Samsung DVD-ROM SD-608 is appearing but when I load it
    > with any CD it does not read. The eject button works.
    >
    > There is another error appearing under "Other devices" with a question
    > mark ? and under it PCI-Parrallel Controller a question mark ? and !
    > mark. Both are yellow coloured.
    >
    > I am using Win98SE.
    >
    > I went to Samsung Official web site and it seems the drivers for SD-608
    > are not available. There are other models.
    >
    > How could you help me please? I can ring a person in U.K. for on line
    > help.
    >
    > My tel. 0118 962 3200
    >
    > Rajinder

    This worked for me, replacing my missing Windows drivers....."cdgone"

    http://forum.aumha.org/viewtopic.php?t=9924
    tinytim, Jan 2, 2005

  3. Hi,

    I have found that the driver for this Drive is obsolete. Could not find
    it on the web site of Samsung either.

    Rajinder

    Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt, Jan 5, 2005