    recognises it as a CD - but there's just njo sound.

    Regards,
    Ian (Victoria, Australia)
    Ian P, Jun 27, 2004

  2. On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 17:01:00 +1000, "Ian P"
    <> wrote:

    >Hello all,
    >
    >I'm new to this group and so am not sure if I'm in the right place with this
    >question or not - but I have recently purchased a Samsung High Definition
    >DVD Player (HD 937), and for some reason I get no sound when I play ordinary
    >commercial audio CDs in it. The sound from DVDs is perfect - both through my
    >television speakers and through my stereo speakers, which are connected to
    >my Hardon Kardon amp. The DVD player is connected to the amp via the
    >analogue audio out jacks. I don't understand why the sound works perfectly
    >for a DVD but not for a CD, and wondered if anyone has any suiggestions. The
    >display on the DVD player shows that the laser is reading the CD, and
    >recognises it as a CD - but there's just njo sound.

    Assuming your analog connections are correct and DVD audio works with
    the analog outs, then based on the manual for the unit, try going into
    the setup menu and setting the DD audio out to PCM rather than
    bitstream to use the analog outs. See page 37 of the manual.

    http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/200310/20031024090041343_HD937xsa.pdf

    Gary E
    --
    |Gary A. Edelstein
    | (remove NO SPAM and .invalid to reply)
    |"We have met the enemy and he is us." - Walt Kelly's Pogo
    Gary A. Edelstein, Jun 27, 2004