Samsung Digimax V4 XP driver problems

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Ian Davis, Aug 1, 2003.

  1. Ian Davis

    Ian Davis Guest

    I have just bought a Digimax V4 and cannot get it to work with XP.

    I have installed the driver from the CD-ROM but XP reports the camera
    as a problem device in system info and displays a yellow exclamation
    against the device in device manager. A removeable drive does not
    appear in MyComputer.

    I have read the caution note about XP on Samsungs international web
    site but I cannot reinstall the driver as there is no .inf file in the
    driver folder.

    I have also downloaded and run the latest driver 9847.zip (again from
    the Samsung site) but this makes no difference (I think its the same
    as on the CD-ROM). There is no .inf file in this zip either so the
    driver reinstall in XP is still not possile.

    Has anyone experienced similar problems?

    Would v much appreciate any suggestions, advice etc

    Ian

    Ian Davis, Aug 1, 2003