    P.S. Should I forget about these and wait for the Kodak 6440?

    Thanks

    Lee

    Lee S, Jul 16, 2003

  2. Lee S

    Twisterbret Guest

    While I can't comment on the Samsung I can on the 4300. I've had mine
    for 2 months. I love it! I haven't run into to much trouble the Auto
    Focus.
    Battery life isn't the best but still not bad. I carry an extra, they
    are very small. Here is a link to my photos. Comments are welcome but
    I know I stink already = )

    Twisterbret

    http://www.coasterreview.com/twister/

    Twisterbret, Jul 16, 2003

  3. Lee S

    Lee S Guest

    "Gerry H" <> wrote in message news:<I_tRa.12355$>...
    > "Lee S" <> wrote in message
    > > Hello, just after some advice. Im after getting a new digital camera
    > > and am thinking of either the Digimax V4 or Coolpix 4300. Anyone any
    > > thought of which is the better one. A couple of worries onthe Coolpix
    > > is the lack of auto focus in dim light situations, is this really a
    > > big problem? Plus the lack of a microphone makes me want the V4 more.
    > >
    > > Any help would be appreciated
    > >
    > > P.S. Should I forget about these and wait for the Kodak 6440?
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > >
    > > Lee

    > I've had a V4 for about 3 weeks now. Just back from a trip to Paris where I
    > took about 150 photos. As I wanted to make sure I didn't run out of memory,
    > I only used the Fine setting as opposed to Super Fine or Tiff. I've had
    > sample 7x5 and 6x4 prints done from 3 different labs and have been very
    > pleased with the results. Presumably the Super Fine setting would be even
    > better.
    >
    > I don't know where you're based but Samsung in the UK are also giving an
    > additional 64Mb SD card until the end of August when you return a form
    > provided by the retailer or downloaded from Samsung's website. Mine arrived
    > in about 2 weeks.
    >
    > Gerry

    Hello

    Thanks for the info, I dont suppose you have any sample shots at full
    reolution online for us to see do you ?

    Regards

    Lee

    Lee S, Jul 18, 2003
  4. Lee S

    Gerry H Guest

    > > "Lee S" <> wrote in message
    > > > Hello, just after some advice. Im after getting a new digital camera
    > > > and am thinking of either the Digimax V4 or Coolpix 4300. Anyone any
    > > > thought of which is the better one. A couple of worries onthe Coolpix
    > > > is the lack of auto focus in dim light situations, is this really a
    > > > big problem? Plus the lack of a microphone makes me want the V4 more.
    > > >
    > > > Any help would be appreciated
    > > >
    > > > P.S. Should I forget about these and wait for the Kodak 6440?
    > > >
    > > > Thanks
    > > >
    > > > Lee

    > > I've had a V4 for about 3 weeks now. Just back from a trip to Paris

    where I
    > > took about 150 photos. As I wanted to make sure I didn't run out of

    memory,
    > > I only used the Fine setting as opposed to Super Fine or Tiff. I've had
    > > sample 7x5 and 6x4 prints done from 3 different labs and have been very
    > > pleased with the results. Presumably the Super Fine setting would be

    even
    > > better.
    > >
    > > I don't know where you're based but Samsung in the UK are also giving an
    > > additional 64Mb SD card until the end of August when you return a form
    > > provided by the retailer or downloaded from Samsung's website. Mine

    arrived
    > > in about 2 weeks.
    > >
    > > Gerry

    > Hello
    >
    > Thanks for the info, I dont suppose you have any sample shots at full
    > reolution online for us to see do you ?
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Lee

    I've uploaded a few samples to the following address:
    http://www.icdphotos.com/public/detail.html?c_album=338401

    S1, S2 and S3 are at 2272 x 1704 resolution on the Super Fine jpg setting
    and are straight out of the camera. S3 was taken using the Vivid colour
    setting. S4, S5 and S6 are at 2272 x 1704 resolution on the Fine jpg setting
    and have been enhanced using Auto Levels and Auto Colour Correction in
    Photoshop Elements 2.

    Gerry

    Gerry H, Jul 18, 2003