    Samsung said "not our problem". Anybody got any ideas,all greatfully
    received. PC supporting Windows 98SE.
    , Oct 10, 2005

  2. Paul Heslop Guest

    wrote:

    > I had the camera driver installed and working nicely when I had a
    > massive crash. I had to reload everything but the camera driver would
    > not reload. The normal frame which should contain an "Install" and
    > "Exit" buttons appeared but minus buttons.I talked to Samsung, they
    > said try it in a friends PC, I did this and the frame came up all OK so
    > Samsung said "not our problem". Anybody got any ideas,all greatfully
    > received. PC supporting Windows 98SE.

    If you use windows explorer you may be able to bypass the auto
    installer by looking for a setup on th disc. Just a thought.

    --
    Paul (The Sun Machine is Coming Down)
    Stop and Look
    Paul Heslop, Oct 10, 2005

  3. Guest

    Thanks Paul, tried that but when I pressed "have disc" and inserted
    disc my PC couldn't or wouldn't recognise it, thanks anyway.
    Regards Cornelius.
    , Oct 13, 2005
  4. ASAAR Guest

    On 10 Oct 2005 11:05:26 -0700, wrote:

    > I had the camera driver installed and working nicely when I had a
    > massive crash. I had to reload everything but the camera driver would
    > not reload. The normal frame which should contain an "Install" and
    > "Exit" buttons appeared but minus buttons.I talked to Samsung, they
    > said try it in a friends PC, I did this and the frame came up all OK so
    > Samsung said "not our problem". Anybody got any ideas,all greatfully
    > received. PC supporting Windows 98SE.

    If you have sufficient "windows" skills you can try this, but if
    you don't, messing with the Windows registry can prove fatal and it
    may not be worth trying. I don't know if there was any software
    installed other than a simple driver, but if there was, try this,
    and when finished, you may be able to successfully run the install
    program.

    Since there was an "Install" program, there may be an "Uninstall"
    program (or use "Add/Remove Programs" in the Windows Control Panel).
    You may have to manually delete files/folders afterwards using
    Explorer to finish the job, as sometimes these uninstalls are not
    thorough.

    Next, using Regedit, delete all traces of any related Samsung
    software or drivers from the registry. This is the dangerous part,
    and before attempting this you should make sure you have made backup
    copies of the two registry files (SYSTEM.DAT and USER.DAT). If
    disaster strikes because of an improperly edited registry, you'll
    have to know how to boot up directly into DOS, and then replace the
    existing registry files with the copies you previously made. It's
    not necessary to boot into DOS to make copies of the registry files,
    as I run the batch file listed below from a DOS window.

    The registry files are located in the Windows folder, and each
    time you boot the computer, Windows generates a backup copy
    (SYSTEM.DA0 and USER.DA0). Unfortunately, this happens so quickly
    that by the time a problem with the registry is noted, the backup
    registry is likely to also be damaged. If you're not exactly sure
    of what is involved in copying registry files, here's the batch file
    that I use to make backup copies that should show you enough to
    figure out the rest. You don't have to create or use the batch
    file, as it's listed just to show you the DOS commands that could be
    used to copy the registry files. It assumes that Windows has been
    installed in C:\Win, and that the folder containing the backup file
    copies is C:\Win\regs. Also, you won't have the program
    "goback.exe", but the lines containing it can be replaced with the
    following two lines: "C:" and either "CD \WIN" or "CD \". Also, if
    you're unfamiliar with batch file "for loops", the first one listed
    below ("for %%a in ( system user ) do attrib %%a.dat -r -h -s")
    expands to:

    attrib system.dat -r -h -s
    attrib user.dat -r -h -s

    which you could manually type from a DOS command line.

    BakReg.bat:
    ASAAR, Oct 13, 2005