    using either downloaded colour profiles or just messing about, that they get
    a good result.

    Has anyone here had any experience with this particular monitor?

    ofn01, Dec 30, 2007

  2. ofn01

    Will Spencer Guest

    On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 14:13:48 +1300, ofn01 wrote:

    > I've been looking at the 22" Samsung 226BW monitor.
    >
    > This has been plagued with loads of reports regarding the differing panels
    > that get shipped with the monitor and issues to do with colour. Also a few
    > forums reckon that NZ gets the supposed "worst" of the panel models shipped
    > in.
    >
    > But equally a number of people on forums say that after tweaking the colours
    > using either downloaded colour profiles or just messing about, that they get
    > a good result.
    >
    > Has anyone here had any experience with this particular monitor?

    Yes, I've owned this model for a few months now and it is by far the best
    PC monitor I've have ever used.

    Hope that helps.

    -ws

    Will Spencer, Dec 30, 2007

  3. ofn01

    jay Guest

    In article <>,
    id says...
    > On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 14:13:48 +1300, ofn01 wrote:
    >
    > > I've been looking at the 22" Samsung 226BW monitor.
    > >
    > > This has been plagued with loads of reports regarding the differing panels
    > > that get shipped with the monitor and issues to do with colour. Also a few
    > > forums reckon that NZ gets the supposed "worst" of the panel models shipped
    > > in.
    > >
    > > But equally a number of people on forums say that after tweaking the colours
    > > using either downloaded colour profiles or just messing about, that they get
    > > a good result.
    > >
    > > Has anyone here had any experience with this particular monitor?

    > Yes, I've owned this model for a few months now and it is by far the best
    > PC monitor I've have ever used.

    What panel does it have?

    I looked around over the last couple of months and only ever been able
    to find the "C" panel models, most dealers don't know or don't care
    about what variant they stock. A work colleague has a "S" model which is
    brillant.

    There is suppose to be 3 different models available: "A", "C" and "S"
    models, which identifies the panel manufacturer. To identify the panel
    series, see:
    http://www.behardware.com/articles/667-1/samsung-226bw-a-and-s-series-
    the-verdict.html

    jay, Dec 31, 2007
  4. ofn01

    PeeCee Guest

    "ofn01" <> wrote in message
    > I've been looking at the 22" Samsung 226BW monitor.
    >
    > This has been plagued with loads of reports regarding the differing panels
    > that get shipped with the monitor and issues to do with colour. Also a few
    > forums reckon that NZ gets the supposed "worst" of the panel models
    > shipped in.
    >
    > But equally a number of people on forums say that after tweaking the
    > colours using either downloaded colour profiles or just messing about,
    > that they get a good result.
    >
    > Has anyone here had any experience with this particular monitor?

    Bought one just before Xmas.
    Find the 226BW as good as the 19" Sony I had before, but BIGGER, yeah!

    Paul.

    PeeCee, Jan 2, 2008
  5. ofn01

    Will Spencer Guest

    On Tue, 1 Jan 2008 10:28:52 +1300, jay wrote:

    > In article <>,
    > id says...
    >> On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 14:13:48 +1300, ofn01 wrote:
    >>
    >>> I've been looking at the 22" Samsung 226BW monitor.
    >>>
    >>> This has been plagued with loads of reports regarding the differing panels
    >>> that get shipped with the monitor and issues to do with colour. Also a few
    >>> forums reckon that NZ gets the supposed "worst" of the panel models shipped
    >>> in.
    >>>
    >>> But equally a number of people on forums say that after tweaking the colours
    >>> using either downloaded colour profiles or just messing about, that they get
    >>> a good result.
    >>>
    >>> Has anyone here had any experience with this particular monitor?

    >> Yes, I've owned this model for a few months now and it is by far the best
    >> PC monitor I've have ever used.
    >>

    > What panel does it have?
    >
    > I looked around over the last couple of months and only ever been able
    > to find the "C" panel models, most dealers don't know or don't care
    > about what variant they stock. A work colleague has a "S" model which is
    > brillant.
    >
    > There is suppose to be 3 different models available: "A", "C" and "S"
    > models, which identifies the panel manufacturer. To identify the panel
    > series, see:
    > http://www.behardware.com/articles/667-1/samsung-226bw-a-and-s-series-
    > the-verdict.html

    Mine appears to be a "C" panel, and it produces the best picture I've ever
    used on a PC monitor. None of the above really surprises or worries me.
    I've known for years that when you by a LCD/Plasma or PC monitor that the
    actual manufacturer of the panel inside is likely not the brand you think
    you are buying.

    -ws

    Will Spencer, Jan 2, 2008