    get a refund instead of mucking about with getting it repaired under
    warranty. Does Sams have a similar return policy?

    jc
    JC Dill, Jan 17, 2004

  2. JC Dill

    Ron Hunter Guest

    JC Dill wrote:

    > Sam's club shows the Digital Rebel for $998, including the lens and a
    > 128 MB CF:
    >
    > <http://www.samsclub.com/eclub/main_shopping.jsp?n=0&oidPath=0%3a-23542%3a-23589%3a-32321%3a-32328%3a-32332%3a766623&coe=0&BV_SessionID=_SC_0602622381.1074329420_CS_&BV_EngineID=ccciadckfljgfiicfkfcfkjdgoodflg.0>
    >
    > Costco doesn't seem to be carrying this camera online or in their
    > stores (although they have the film Rebel in the store). If Costco
    > carried it, I'd be tempted to buy it thru Costco because they have an
    > excellent return policy - if anything goes wrong you can return it and
    > get a refund instead of mucking about with getting it repaired under
    > warranty. Does Sams have a similar return policy?
    >
    > jc

    I have returned things to Sam's, although nothing as expensive as the
    DR, but have had no problems at all. Basically they follow the same
    Wal-Mart return policy.
    Ron Hunter, Jan 17, 2004

  3. JC Dill

    philipp Guest

    I have returned several items to Sam's since I buy quite a few things
    there. The only problem that I have ever had was some opened software -
    Had to talk to the manager and did get my money back after all. Good to
    deal with - I bought my CF card there cheapest choice around.

    philipp, Jan 17, 2004
  4. JC Dill

    Proctor Guest

    <http://www.samsclub.com/eclub/main_shopping.jsp?n=0&oidPath=0:-23542:-2
    3589%3a-32321%3a-32328%3a-32332%3a766623&coe=0&BV_SessionID=_SC_0602622381.1
    074329420_CS_&BV_EngineID=ccciadckfljgfiicfkfcfkjdgoodflg.0>

    > Costco doesn't seem to be carrying this camera online or in their
    > stores (although they have the film Rebel in the store). If Costco
    > carried it, I'd be tempted to buy it thru Costco because they have an
    > excellent return policy - if anything goes wrong you can return it and
    > get a refund instead of mucking about with getting it repaired under
    > warranty. Does Sams have a similar return policy?
    >
    > jc

    A little 'heads up' that BestBuy and other places will gladly accept
    returned items for full refund or credit but not so with certain larger
    ticket purchases like cameras and TVs and demand a 15% restocking fee. Look
    before you leap mom use to say :)

    Proctor
    Proctor, Jan 17, 2004
  5. "Proctor" <> wrote in message

    >.
    > >

    > A little 'heads up' that BestBuy and other places will gladly accept
    > returned items for full refund or credit but not so with certain larger
    > ticket purchases like cameras and TVs and demand a 15% restocking fee.

    Look
    > before you leap mom use to say :)

    You can thank the people who will buy a high end camera or camcorder and use
    it for a weekend and then return it expecting a full refund for the
    restocking fees. I knew someone who did sales conventions and he would buy a
    high end laptop, used it for the weekend, and then return it.
    Dean S. Lautermilch®²ºº³, Jan 17, 2004
  6. JC Dill

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Dean S. Lautermilch®²ºº³ wrote:
    > "Proctor" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>.
    >>
    >> A little 'heads up' that BestBuy and other places will gladly accept
    >>returned items for full refund or credit but not so with certain larger
    >>ticket purchases like cameras and TVs and demand a 15% restocking fee.

    > Look
    >
    >>before you leap mom use to say :)
    >>

    > You can thank the people who will buy a high end camera or camcorder and use
    > it for a weekend and then return it expecting a full refund for the
    > restocking fees. I knew someone who did sales conventions and he would buy a
    > high end laptop, used it for the weekend, and then return it.

    I call people like that thieves.
    Ron Hunter, Jan 17, 2004
  7. JC Dill

    Proctor Guest

    "Ron Hunter" <> wrote in message
    > Dean S. Lautermilch®²ºº³ wrote:
    > > "Proctor" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > >>.
    > >>
    > >> A little 'heads up' that BestBuy and other places will gladly accept
    > >>returned items for full refund or credit but not so with certain larger
    > >>ticket purchases like cameras and TVs and demand a 15% restocking fee.

    > > Look
    > >
    > >>before you leap mom use to say :)
    > >>

    > > You can thank the people who will buy a high end camera or camcorder and

    use
    > > it for a weekend and then return it expecting a full refund for the
    > > restocking fees. I knew someone who did sales conventions and he would

    buy a
    > > high end laptop, used it for the weekend, and then return it.
    > >

    > I call people like that thieves.

    I am one who agrees to a point. I use this feature at Staples to an honest
    means whenever I feel it advantagous. I have spent thousands of my hard
    earned underpayed dollars in receint year there any elsewhere. I am in the
    process of purchasing a camera and have return one and will return another
    until I find the one I like. (If these places had honest knowledgable sales
    reps that did not lie selling bogus warentees I would agree across the
    board). I will pay their(Staples) extra price for this and have a clear view
    it is a good policy for an honest vendor(and consumer). I have taken
    advantage of policies like TechHiFi and others have regarding buy back to
    upgrade. Keeps me comming back to spend. Full refund applied to future
    purchase. There are people that will take advantage of anything if given the
    oppertunity and does not make everyone a thief. Virtually what you are
    advocating is that "under no terms can an item be returned if not satisfied"
    will hurt EVERONE.

    Proctor
    Proctor, Jan 17, 2004
  8. On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 15:18:34 -0500, "Dean S. Lautermilch®²ºº³"
    <> wrote:

    >"Proctor" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>.
    >> >

    >> A little 'heads up' that BestBuy and other places will gladly accept
    >> returned items for full refund or credit but not so with certain larger
    >> ticket purchases like cameras and TVs and demand a 15% restocking fee.

    >Look
    >> before you leap mom use to say :)
    >>

    >You can thank the people who will buy a high end camera or camcorder and use
    >it for a weekend and then return it expecting a full refund for the
    >restocking fees. I knew someone who did sales conventions and he would buy a
    >high end laptop, used it for the weekend, and then return it.

    The same for big screen and HDTVs. There would be a big run on them
    before a big game. Then the following week would see many returns.
    Too many people taking advantage of the system and ruining it for the
    rest of us.

    (N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
    www.rogerhalstead.com

    Roger Halstead, Jan 17, 2004
  9. On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 21:38:59 GMT, "Proctor" <>
    wrote:

    >"Ron Hunter" <> wrote in message
    >> Dean S. Lautermilch®²ºº³ wrote:
    >> > "Proctor" <> wrote in message

    >> > Look

    >> > You can thank the people who will buy a high end camera or camcorder and

    >use
    >> > it for a weekend and then return it expecting a full refund for the
    >> > restocking fees. I knew someone who did sales conventions and he would

    >buy a
    >> > high end laptop, used it for the weekend, and then return it.
    >> >

    >> I call people like that thieves.

    > I am one who agrees to a point. I use this feature at Staples to an honest
    >means whenever I feel it advantagous. I have spent thousands of my hard
    >earned underpayed dollars in receint year there any elsewhere. I am in the
    >process of purchasing a camera and have return one and will return another
    >until I find the one I like. (If these places had honest knowledgable sales

    Most of these places really don't have much of a problem with that.
    "In the old days" we used to "try out" TV sets with the full knowledge
    of the store. They wanted us to be happy with the purchase.

    I've had Best Buy tell me that if I didn't like the camera (I
    purchased a digicam Hi-8) I could bring it back and try something
    else. I was happy with it and there was no return.

    >reps that did not lie selling bogus warentees I would agree across the
    >board). I will pay their(Staples) extra price for this and have a clear view
    >it is a good policy for an honest vendor(and consumer). I have taken
    >advantage of policies like TechHiFi and others have regarding buy back to
    >upgrade. Keeps me comming back to spend. Full refund applied to future
    >purchase. There are people that will take advantage of anything if given the
    >oppertunity and does not make everyone a thief. Virtually what you are
    >advocating is that "under no terms can an item be returned if not satisfied"
    >will hurt EVERONE.

    I didn't see any one advocating anything. The examples were all of
    people taking advantage of the system rather than a trial. Many
    companies will allow a customer to bring back an item for exchange
    within so many days (something like 10 or so "I think") for an equal,
    or greater value item at no charge. Last I knew Best Buy was one.

    Roger Halstead, Jan 17, 2004
  10. JC Dill

    Proctor Guest

    "Roger Halstead" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 21:38:59 GMT, "Proctor" <>
    > wrote:
    >

    > >"Ron Hunter" <> wrote in message

    larger

    fee.

    and
    > >use

    would
    > >buy a
    > >> >

    > >> I call people like that thieves.

    > > I am one who agrees to a point. I use this feature at Staples to an

    honest
    > >means whenever I feel it advantagous. I have spent thousands of my hard
    > >earned underpayed dollars in receint year there any elsewhere. I am in

    the
    > >process of purchasing a camera and have return one and will return

    another
    > >until I find the one I like. (If these places had honest knowledgable

    sales

    > Most of these places really don't have much of a problem with that.
    > "In the old days" we used to "try out" TV sets with the full knowledge
    > of the store. They wanted us to be happy with the purchase.
    >
    > I've had Best Buy tell me that if I didn't like the camera (I
    > purchased a digicam Hi-8) I could bring it back and try something
    > else. I was happy with it and there was no return.
    >
    > >reps that did not lie selling bogus warentees I would agree across the
    > >board). I will pay their(Staples) extra price for this and have a clear

    view
    > >it is a good policy for an honest vendor(and consumer). I have taken
    > >advantage of policies like TechHiFi and others have regarding buy back to
    > >upgrade. Keeps me comming back to spend. Full refund applied to future
    > >purchase. There are people that will take advantage of anything if given

    the
    > >oppertunity and does not make everyone a thief. Virtually what you are
    > >advocating is that "under no terms can an item be returned if not

    satisfied"
    > >will hurt EVERONE.

    > I didn't see any one advocating anything. The examples were all of
    > people taking advantage of the system rather than a trial. Many
    > companies will allow a customer to bring back an item for exchange
    > within so many days (something like 10 or so "I think") for an equal,
    > or greater value item at no charge. Last I knew Best Buy was one.

    Point taken. I guess I have an axe to grind with BestBuy as I was one the
    people that fell for the lies of the $10 an hour sales girl with the pretty
    lie. I agree about the theivery and the superbowl TV story but I can't
    imagine it reaching an epedmic or even a concernable issue that would be
    resoncable for any real action of the part of the industry policies.
    Especially with the delivery charges and such. My favorite one though is the
    guys that replace the old video cards with the new and return for money
    back. Now THAT one needs some fixing.

    Regards
    proctor
    Proctor, Jan 18, 2004
  11. JC Dill

    > On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 15:18:34 -0500, "Dean S. Lautermilch®²ºº³"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    > >"Proctor" <> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >>.
    > >> >
    > >> A little 'heads up' that BestBuy and other places will gladly accept
    > >> returned items for full refund or credit but not so with certain larger
    > >> ticket purchases like cameras and TVs and demand a 15% restocking fee.

    > >Look
    > >> before you leap mom use to say :)
    > >>

    > >You can thank the people who will buy a high end camera or camcorder and

    use
    > >it for a weekend and then return it expecting a full refund for the
    > >restocking fees. I knew someone who did sales conventions and he would

    buy a
    > >high end laptop, used it for the weekend, and then return it.

    > The same for big screen and HDTVs. There would be a big run on them
    > before a big game. Then the following week would see many returns.
    > Too many people taking advantage of the system and ruining it for the
    > rest of us.

    Like I said in last post. I wonder if that is a real big problem or an
    overblown account. It is hard for me to imagine that many would have such
    large ones to actually do this but maybe I am not really intouch with things
    in my old age :)

    Proctor
    Proctor, Jan 18, 2004
  12. JC Dill

    Buster Guest

    On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 00:27:15 GMT, "Proctor" <>
    wrote:
    It happened to me. I got a high end card for a christmas present
    several years ago, and there was a 2 meg ancient video card in the
    box. They didn't give me any problem swapping for a sealed box, though
    (Sam's Club).
    Buster

    Buster, Jan 18, 2004
  13. JC Dill

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Proctor wrote:
    > "Ron Hunter" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Dean S. Lautermilch®²ºº³ wrote:
    >>
    >>>"Proctor" <> wrote in message

    >>>Look

    >>>You can thank the people who will buy a high end camera or camcorder and

    > use
    >
    >>>it for a weekend and then return it expecting a full refund for the
    >>>restocking fees. I knew someone who did sales conventions and he would

    > buy a
    >
    >>>high end laptop, used it for the weekend, and then return it.
    >>>

    >>I call people like that thieves.

    > I am one who agrees to a point. I use this feature at Staples to an honest
    > means whenever I feel it advantagous. I have spent thousands of my hard
    > earned underpayed dollars in receint year there any elsewhere. I am in the
    > process of purchasing a camera and have return one and will return another
    > until I find the one I like. (If these places had honest knowledgable sales
    > reps that did not lie selling bogus warentees I would agree across the
    > board). I will pay their(Staples) extra price for this and have a clear view
    > it is a good policy for an honest vendor(and consumer). I have taken
    > advantage of policies like TechHiFi and others have regarding buy back to
    > upgrade. Keeps me comming back to spend. Full refund applied to future
    > purchase. There are people that will take advantage of anything if given the
    > oppertunity and does not make everyone a thief. Virtually what you are
    > advocating is that "under no terms can an item be returned if not satisfied"
    > will hurt EVERONE.
    >
    > Proctor

    I don't know how you get that idea from what was written, or my reply.
    Buying a camera, using it for a specific purpose, then returning it for
    no other reason than that you are done with it is THEFT. Returning a
    camera because it is defective, doesn't function as expected, or isn't
    suitable to your needs just indicates bad luck, inadequate research, or
    unreasonable expectations, not theft. However, you should know that all
    these practices drive up the cost the REST of us pay for our merchandise.
    Ron Hunter, Jan 18, 2004
  14. JC Dill

    Proctor Guest

    "Ron Hunter" <> wrote in message
    > Proctor wrote:
    > > "Ron Hunter" <> wrote in message

    larger

    and

    > > use

    > > buy a

    > >>I call people like that thieves.

    > > I am one who agrees to a point. I use this feature at Staples to an

    honest
    > > means whenever I feel it advantagous. I have spent thousands of my hard
    > > earned underpayed dollars in receint year there any elsewhere. I am in

    the
    > > process of purchasing a camera and have return one and will return

    another
    > > until I find the one I like. (If these places had honest knowledgable

    sales
    > > reps that did not lie selling bogus warentees I would agree across the
    > > board). I will pay their(Staples) extra price for this and have a clear

    view
    > > it is a good policy for an honest vendor(and consumer). I have taken
    > > advantage of policies like TechHiFi and others have regarding buy back

    > > upgrade. Keeps me comming back to spend. Full refund applied to future
    > > purchase. There are people that will take advantage of anything if given

    the
    > > oppertunity and does not make everyone a thief. Virtually what you are
    > > advocating is that "under no terms can an item be returned if not

    satisfied"
    > > will hurt EVERONE.
    > >
    > > Proctor
    > >

    > I don't know how you get that idea from what was written, or my reply.
    > Buying a camera, using it for a specific purpose, then returning it for
    > no other reason than that you are done with it is THEFT. Returning a
    > camera because it is defective, doesn't function as expected, or isn't
    > suitable to your needs just indicates bad luck, inadequate research, or
    > unreasonable expectations, not theft. However, you should know that all
    > these practices drive up the cost the REST of us pay for our merchandise.

    yes. You are right. I will admit my responce was inacurate and admit was
    clouded by my past dealings with BestBuy. I agree fully with what you are
    saying. I just got a little hot remembering falling for the old "Buy the
    Warentee" sales pitch. Sorry if I read something that was not posted.
    regards

    Proctor
    Proctor, Jan 18, 2004