Sample pictures SX10IS and SX1IS zoom 20x 80x digital and wide etc.

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by fr@nk, Dec 14, 2008.

  1. fr@nk

    fr@nk Guest

    I have posted some samples I made from the SX10IS and SX1IS.

    please visit www.numan.tk

    The first I had over a week at home, was disappointed with macro, (but
    it could be this specific one which was not OK, or just me ...) and
    the second some shop photo's.

    For CMOS I expected a little less noise, however the sensor is small.

    So If the macro is OK I would opt for the SX10IS at halt the price
    nearly and if you need 4fps try the other one, HD film is nice but do
    you really use it ? it generates massive data, at the other hand the
    films are nice...

    Had troubles in shop finding HD film setting, but you have to put it
    into 16:9 first...

    Hope the samples helped, with the zoom: I'm impressed...a lot. I also
    like the weight of the cam. and yes if one buys the SX1IS for the same
    money you also buy an entry level slr, however this one does it all
    and the slr needs extra lenses etc.

    Thanks

    Frank
    fr@nk, Dec 14, 2008

  2. fr@nk

    fr@nk Guest

    Re: Sample pictures SX10IS and SX1IS zoom 20x 80x digital and wideetc.

    On 14 dec, 14:59, "HEMI-Powered" <> wrote:
    > fr@nk added these comments in the current discussion du jour ...
    >

    > > I have posted some samples I made from the SX10IS and SX1IS.

    > > please visitwww.numan.tk

    > > The first I had over a week at home, was disappointed with
    > > macro, (but it could be this specific one which was not OK, or
    > > just me ...) and the second some shop photo's.

    > > For CMOS I expected a little less noise, however the sensor is
    > > small.

    > > So If the macro is OK I would opt for the SX10IS at halt the
    > > price nearly and if you need 4fps try the other one, HD film
    > > is nice but do you really use it ? it generates massive data,
    > > at the other hand the films are nice...

    > > Had troubles in shop finding HD film setting, but you have to
    > > put it into 16:9 first...

    > > Hope the samples helped, with the zoom: I'm impressed...a lot.
    > > I also like the weight of the cam. and yes if one buys the
    > > SX1IS for the same money you also buy an entry level slr,
    > > however this one does it all and the slr needs extra lenses
    > > etc.

    > Is this some sort of sales pitch for something? Sorry if it's not
    > but it sure is worded like one. BTW, it would help if your site
    > were in English as I don't speak whatever it is in.
    >
    > --
    > HP, aka Jerry
    >
    > “How do you have patience for people who claim they love America,
    > but clearly can't stand Americans?” – Sydney Ellen Wade to
    > President Andrew Shepherd in the movie “The American President”- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht niet weergeven -

    i'm not selling anything just a consumer, and the language is Dutch,
    but can be easy translated with google. as the complete web page
    Even without language the pictures and ISO and F values speak for
    themselves I think.
    (And I am not selling google either) If youre not interested in a
    private test, just skip the topic....

    try this
    http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=nl&u=www.numan.tk &sl=nl&tl=en
    fr@nk, Dec 14, 2008

  3. fr@nk

    On 14 dec, 16:58, John Navas <> wrote:
    > On Sun, 14 Dec 2008 06:13:49 -0800 (PST), "fr@nk" <>
    > wrote in
    > <>:
    >

    > >On 14 dec, 14:59, "HEMI-Powered" <> wrote:
    > >> fr@nk added these comments in the current discussion du jour ...

    > >> Is this some sort of sales pitch for something? Sorry if it's not
    > >> but it sure is worded like one. BTW, it would help if your site
    > >> were in English as I don't speak whatever it is in.

    > >i'm not selling anything just a consumer, and the language is Dutch,
    > >but can be easy translated with google. as the complete web page
    > >Even without language the pictures and ISO and F values speak for
    > >themselves I think.
    > >(And I am not selling google either) If youre not interested in a
    > >private test, just skip the topic....

    > >try this
    > >http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=nl&u=www.numan.tk &sl=n...

    > The issue is a non-English page being flogged to a mostly
    > English-speaking audience.  You should have made that clear, and posted
    > the Google link in the first place -- without that we can't tell what
    > kind of translation to use, and shouldn't be expected to waste time on
    > trial and error.  Lastly, lose the attitude -- it's rude to waste other
    > people's time and then to disrespect them.
    > --
    > Best regards,
    > John Navas
    > [PLEASE NOTE: Ads belong *only* in rec.photo.marketplace.digital, as per
    > <http://bobatkins.photo.net/info/charter.htm> <http://rpdfaq.50megs.com/>]- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht niet weergeven -

    maybe we should stick to the topic, the link is just to show examples.
    fr@nk, Dec 14, 2008
  4. fr@nk

    Dave Cohen Guest

    HEMI-Powered wrote:
    > fr@nk added these comments in the current discussion du jour ...
    >
    >>> The issue is a non-English page being flogged to a mostly
    >>> English-speaking audience. You should have made that clear,
    >>> and posted the Google link in the first place -- without that
    >>> we can't tell what kind of translation to use, and shouldn't
    >>> be expected to waste time on trial and error. Lastly, lose
    >>> the attitude -- it's rude to waste other people's time and
    >>> then to disrespect them. --
    >>> Best regards,
    >>> John Navas
    >>> [PLEASE NOTE: Ads belong *only* in
    >>> rec.photo.marketplace.digital, as per
    >>> <http://bobatkins.photo.net/info/charter.htm>
    >>> <http://rpdfaq.50megs.com/>

    >> ]- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht niet weergeven -
    >>> - Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht weergeven -

    >> maybe we should stick to the topic, the link is just to show
    >> examples.
    >>

    > But fr@nk, in order to see the pictures, doesn't one need to be
    > able to read your text in order to navigate? Give it a rest. NOBODY
    > is that interested in your test shots.

    I don't know who NOBODY is. I found the site of interest, were I not to
    have done so I would simply have moved on.
    Dave Cohen
    Dave Cohen, Dec 15, 2008