    difference in lenses (in specs not brand) as if I had one on a camera
    and I was looking thru the viewfinder? This way I could visually
    compare the different lenses.
    Bob T, Jul 4, 2005

  2. Bob T wrote:
    > Are there any recommended web sites that will show me visually, the
    > difference in lenses (in specs not brand) as if I had one on a camera
    > and I was looking thru the viewfinder? This way I could visually
    > compare the different lenses.

    Keep in mind that it is the combination of the camera and the lens that
    determines what you will see.

    However, when you are comparing views for different lenses, assuming you
    are not assuming any given distance or any "normal" image, only comparing
    one lens to another, then the camera (sensor size) does not make a
    difference in the total area covered, but even then there will be some
    perspective differences.

    --
    Joseph Meehan

    Dia duit
    Joseph Meehan, Jul 4, 2005

  3. Bob T

    Guest

    , Jul 5, 2005
  4. Bob T

    per Guest

    http://www.tamroneurope.com/flc.htm
    On that page you can set the zoom range you prefer at the small two top
    pictures and then set "35mm" or "digital" for the proper crop angles.
    Then the move the slide rule at the bottom of the large picture and see what
    the camera will capture.
    You don't have to pay any attention to the preset values for the Tamron
    lenses at right if you don't want to.
    /per
    per, Jul 5, 2005