    downloaded it and installed it at least twice now. But everytime I log onto
    my computer the automatic update window will appear eventually asking me to
    download and install it again. Any thoughts???
    Speck Tater, Apr 19, 2004

  2. Speck Tater

    Brian Guest

    "Speck Tater" <> wrote in message
    news:rZRgc.202935$...
    > The same Microsoft update is appearing again and again (KB835732). I have
    > downloaded it and installed it at least twice now. But everytime I log

    onto
    > my computer the automatic update window will appear eventually asking me

    > download and install it again. Any thoughts???

    Sounds as if the catroot2 folder is corrupted, thats what happens. See
    below:

    MS Updates That Wont Register After Download

    The file catroot2 in the Windows/system32 folder sometimes becomes
    corrupted. To overcome this, rename catroot2 folder to a different name (or
    delete it). The updates should then register OK.

    Brian, Apr 19, 2004

  3. Speck Tater

    news Guest

    MS has a detailed solution for re-offered updates. Do this: open Windows
    Update > click on "Get help and Support" at left > click on "Request
    Technical Support for Update Service Issues" > report the problem, include
    update number and "update is being re-offered even though it has been
    successfully installed"

    news, Apr 19, 2004
  4. Speck Tater

    Speck Tater Guest

    "Brian" <> wrote in message

    > "Speck Tater" <> wrote in message
    > > The same Microsoft update is appearing again and again (KB835732). I

    have
    > > downloaded it and installed it at least twice now. But everytime I log

    > onto
    > > my computer the automatic update window will appear eventually asking me

    > > download and install it again. Any thoughts???
    > >

    > Sounds as if the catroot2 folder is corrupted, thats what happens. See
    > below:
    >
    > MS Updates That Wont Register After Download
    >
    > The file catroot2 in the Windows/system32 folder sometimes becomes
    > corrupted. To overcome this, rename catroot2 folder to a different name

    (or
    > delete it). The updates should then register OK.

    I definitely have the update. I went into Control Panel and Add/Delete
    programs and the update appears in the program list.
    Speck Tater, Apr 19, 2004
  5. Speck Tater

    Plato Guest

    Plato, Apr 19, 2004
  6. Speck Tater

    Plato Guest

    Brian wrote:

    > The file catroot2 in the Windows/system32 folder sometimes becomes
    > corrupted. To overcome this, rename catroot2 folder to a different name (or
    > delete it). The updates should then register OK.

    ditto
    "often" becomes corrupted [grin]
    Plato, Apr 19, 2004
  7. Speck Tater