Same course shown multiple times

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by =?Utf-8?B?TWFya2N1Yg==?=, May 27, 2005.

  1. Hello there.

    I was looking over the MCSD for Microsoft .NET Certification Requirements
    (http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcsd/requirementsdotnet.asp) and saw
    that in the “Courses†column course 2389: Programming with Microsoft ADO.NET
    appeared multiple times.

    This repetition of the course also appears on the training company's
    literature. Now, I assumed it meant that this course was a pre-requisite (or
    helpful) in aiding you to pass the exam but that you didn’t actually need to
    sit through the course multiple times, once would be enough.

    However, my training company has made out that I have to sit on the course
    each time. I guess they’ve got it wrong, correct? They are saying I have to
    do course 2389 three times!

    Moving on to the next point, they seem to say that I have to sit on course
    2363, Getting started with MS .NET for COBOL programmers, to pass exam
    070-310 or 070-320. This seems complete weirdness, I have no interest in
    COBOL! I have to pass one of these two exams to get the MCSD (they say) and
    that means I need to do course 2363.

    Please put me out my misery and confirm that the trainers are mad and they
    have it all wrong?

    Thanks a lot.
    Mark
    London, UK.

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFya2N1Yg==?=, May 27, 2005

  2. They are mad and they have it wrong.

    Death from Above

    Death from Above, May 27, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?TWFya2N1Yg==?=

    Don Carter Guest

    On Fri, 27 May 2005 03:39:27 -0700, "Markcub"
    <> wrote:

    >Hello there.
    >
    >I was looking over the MCSD for Microsoft .NET Certification Requirements
    >(http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcsd/requirementsdotnet.asp) and saw
    >that in the “Courses” column course 2389: Programming with Microsoft ADO.NET
    >appeared multiple times.
    >
    >This repetition of the course also appears on the training company's
    >literature. Now, I assumed it meant that this course was a pre-requisite (or
    >helpful) in aiding you to pass the exam but that you didn’t actually need to
    >sit through the course multiple times, once would be enough.
    >
    >However, my training company has made out that I have to sit on the course
    >each time. I guess they’ve got it wrong, correct? They are saying I have to
    >do course 2389 three times!
    >
    >Moving on to the next point, they seem to say that I have to sit on course
    >2363, Getting started with MS .NET for COBOL programmers, to pass exam
    >070-310 or 070-320. This seems complete weirdness, I have no interest in
    >COBOL! I have to pass one of these two exams to get the MCSD (they say) and
    >that means I need to do course 2363.
    >
    >Please put me out my misery and confirm that the trainers are mad and they
    >have it all wrong?
    >
    >Thanks a lot.
    >Mark
    >London, UK.

    I'm MCAD and I took ADO.NET once and the COBOL one never. It's the
    training company trying to con you out of more money. Who are they
    anyway?

    Don Carter, May 27, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?TWFya2N1Yg==?=

    Egghead Guest

    OK,
    First of all, did you pay all by yourself?
    If yes, forget training school, you just need some books from Amazon to pass
    the exam.
    If no, and your company pay your hrs in training school, who cares. In face,
    some training school have some nice babes at the front desk :)
    Egghead

    Egghead, May 27, 2005
  5. Ah good. :eek:)

    Next question... As you only do one exam from each stage as it were, you
    don't have to sit on on courses for exams you are not going to sit? I think I
    should change my training company. i.e. Second stage "Windows Application
    Development (1 Exam required). If I chose to do Exam 70-306 instead of Exam
    70-316, I would only have to do the courses realated to 306 and not 316.

    I know this sounds insane, that's what I thought!

    Mark.

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFya2N1Yg==?=, May 27, 2005
  6. What I would do if I were you would be to only take the courses that
    Microsoft reccomends for the exams you wish to pass. See the following link
    for the MCSD requirements and the suggested courses:

    Death from Above, May 27, 2005
  7. =?Utf-8?B?TWFya2N1Yg==?=

    Guest Guest

    Print out the MCSD requirements web page and bring it with you the next time
    you speak with them. Explain that your intention is to acquire a MCSD
    certification following a short and economical path. If they still cannot
    provide an adequite explanation, then find another training center.

    Guest, May 31, 2005
  8. Forget the MOC courses. Unless you're an absolute beginner to programming,
    these are all the books that you really need for the certification.

    MCAD VB.net track books (70-3xx are the exam numbers)
    70-305 : http://tinyurl.com/56cmr
    70-306 : http://tinyurl.com/5hapf
    70-310 : http://tinyurl.com/52oav
    Errata : http://www.larkware.com/TGErrata.txt

    MCAD C# track books (70-3xx are the exam numbers)
    70-315 : http://tinyurl.com/4rhh7
    70-316 : http://tinyurl.com/64coq
    70-320 : http://tinyurl.com/6oeo4

    These two books are recommended for learning ADO.net and ASP.net
    ADO.Net Book : http://tinyurl.com/5fad9
    Asp.net Unleashed : http://tinyurl.com/6ch54

    Good luck !

    =?Utf-8?B?UmFqYQ==?=, May 31, 2005