    --
    Bernd Wunderer
    (BWuMunich)
    =?Utf-8?B?Qld1TXVuaWNo?=, Oct 7, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Qld1TXVuaWNo?=

    Dave Guest

    are you sure you are connecting to your router and not some one else's?? do
    you have ssid broadcast enabled on your router??

    "BWuMunich" <> wrote in message
    > I use a WGT 624 router and a WG 311 wireless network card. Under XP SP2 (I
    > did not use the equipment before the SP2 installation) wireless access is
    > very unstable. Sometimes it worked, mostly it doesn't. With ipconfig, I

    see
    > that the WG 311 gets a completely different IP address from what can be
    > supplied by the router. The netgear-specific configuration progran crashes
    > rather often. Sometimes, the connection is 'excellent', but, because of

    the
    Dave, Oct 7, 2004

  3. There are some strange ip addresses given out by the windows if it cannot
    resolve one from the routers DCHP. SOHO routers generally provide
    192.168.*.* numbers whereas the one you are seeing is becasue windows cant
    see the DCHP server.

    Artitus.

    =?Utf-8?B?QXJ0aXR1cw==?=, Oct 8, 2004