    was telling me that a power supply for a P!!! 3 will not power the new P4
    CPu's.So was he telling me the truth or just pulling my leg?
    thanks

    mmcpherson0563, Mar 6, 2004

  2. mmcpherson0563

    Bill Yerkes Guest

    300 watts should do you. There should be a label on your current power
    supply indicating the wattage.

    You can get a 400 watt power supply (if you have to buy one, get one with
    extra juice) by mail for under $30. Check www.pricewatch.com

    "mmcpherson0563" <> wrote in message
    > Otherwise known as scum;a joke, why is it they will not talk in terms the
    > average person can understand?
    > I was trying to buy a new board and CPU and 500meg + of ram memory This
    > sales man, after I talk him down $200 he tells me I will need a new power
    > supply and of course they have 1 in stock The PC I have now is P!!! and

    he

    Bill Yerkes, Mar 7, 2004

  3. mmcpherson0563

    Billh Guest

    My understanding is the salesman is right.

    Billh, Mar 7, 2004