Sales of PS3

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Guest, Mar 8, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I read an article recently that stated that the sales of PS3 are well below
    expectations, and only a fraction of PS2 sales. If this is true, sales of
    Blu-Ray discs will similarly be low, since PS3 is the sole financially
    practical player for Blu-Ray discs.

    I'm banking on the price of a computer Blu-Ray burner falling below $100,
    and the blanks below $0.20/GB. At that point I will be stepping up to the
    plate. It will still be expensive, but I'll be gambling on the price
    falling below $0.10/GB. That's still twice what DVDR costs, but the
    convenience of higher density makes it worth while.

    How does HD-DVD fit into all this? Well, unless it's significantly cheaper
    than Blu-Ray on a per GB basis, I'll be skipping over it.

    While we're on the subject, what are the best prices anyone has seen for
    DVD-RAM and DVD+RW discs? My last DVD+RW purchase was $0.32 per disc, which
    makes it about 8 cents/GB.

    You'll notice that I haven't even mentioned video. I'm quite satisfied with
    DVD for video.

    Norm Strong
    Guest, Mar 8, 2007

  2. Guest

    GMAN Guest

    In article <>, <> wrote:
    >I read an article recently that stated that the sales of PS3 are well below
    >expectations, and only a fraction of PS2 sales. If this is true, sales of
    >Blu-Ray discs will similarly be low, since PS3 is the sole financially
    >practical player for Blu-Ray discs.

    There have been more PS3's sold at this time in its lifecycle than there were
    PS2's sold during its first few months run. .

    >I'm banking on the price of a computer Blu-Ray burner falling below $100,
    >and the blanks below $0.20/GB. At that point I will be stepping up to the
    >plate. It will still be expensive, but I'll be gambling on the price
    >falling below $0.10/GB. That's still twice what DVDR costs, but the
    >convenience of higher density makes it worth while.

    At that time the PS3 will be cheaper due to blu ray optics being so cheap.

    GMAN, Mar 9, 2007