    So I want to know what amount will the job offers be for?

    Thanks
    Ed
    Teddy, Feb 13, 2005

  2. Teddy

    Alistair Guest

    First, MCSD is not a degree.

    Second, your post implies you're newly-qualified with no
    real world experience.

    If this is the case, you should not put anything in for an
    expected salary. You should take whatever you can get, and
    be thankful for it. There are plenty of people with many
    years' experience who would do almost anything right now
    for a job with a 16,000 per-annum salary.

    What you should expect, if you perform well in an
    interview, is to be offered an entry-level position
    possibly in a help-desk area. Prove yourself there for the
    next two years or so, giving sound advice and learning
    about the company, it products and processes, and then the
    company might let you loose in a fail-n-fix
    environment ... if you're lucky. Perform well there for a
    couple of years, and just when you're almost ready to move
    into product development the company will off-shore its
    development shop to Bangalore, of China, or the
    Phillipines, because your 23,000 per-annum salary will be
    5 or 10 times more than they have to pay them.

    Just my $0.02

    on
    >my CV.
    >
    >I've seen quotes for about £16,000 but this seems a bit

    low

    Alistair, Feb 13, 2005

  3. Teddy

    Guest Guest

    Approximately 16,000 United Kingdom Pounds = 32,000 US dollars? That sounds
    about right for an entry level development job. The important thing is that
    the company itself has the experience to serve as a good role model,
    otherwise you are just wasting your time working there. Remember that job
    interviewing is like dating, and you need to know how to size up a
    prospective employer.

    Guest, Feb 13, 2005
  4. Teddy

    kpg Guest

    <snip>
    >environment ... if you're lucky. Perform well there for a
    >couple of years, and just when you're almost ready to move
    >into product development the company will off-shore its
    >development shop to Bangalore, of China, or the
    >Phillipines, because your 23,000 per-annum salary will be
    >5 or 10 times more than they have to pay them.

    LOL!

    sad part is, he's right...
    kpg, Feb 14, 2005
  5. "kpg" <> wrote in message
    > <snip>
    >>environment ... if you're lucky. Perform well there for a couple of years,
    >>and just when you're almost ready to move into product development the
    >>company will off-shore its development shop to Bangalore, of China, or the
    >>Phillipines, because your 23,000 per-annum salary will be 5 or 10 times
    >>more than they have to pay them.

    > LOL!
    >
    > sad part is, he's right...

    LOL - and I was going to snip the same paragraph too :)
    Mike [MCP VB], Feb 14, 2005
  6. Teddy don't listen to Alistair, he's just a big poo-poo.

    Now you've purchased your MCSD D-E-G-R-E-E, except no less than
    100,000 GBP. Also watch out for all the super models, it gets so
    tiring after a while.

    On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 13:16:20 -0800, "Alistair"
    <> wrote:

    >First, MCSD is not a degree.
    >
    >Second, your post implies you're newly-qualified with no
    >real world experience.
    >
    >If this is the case, you should not put anything in for an
    >expected salary. You should take whatever you can get, and
    >be thankful for it. There are plenty of people with many
    >years' experience who would do almost anything right now
    >for a job with a 16,000 per-annum salary.
    >
    >What you should expect, if you perform well in an
    >interview, is to be offered an entry-level position
    >possibly in a help-desk area. Prove yourself there for the
    >next two years or so, giving sound advice and learning
    >about the company, it products and processes, and then the
    >company might let you loose in a fail-n-fix
    >environment ... if you're lucky. Perform well there for a
    >couple of years, and just when you're almost ready to move
    >into product development the company will off-shore its
    >development shop to Bangalore, of China, or the
    >Phillipines, because your 23,000 per-annum salary will be
    >5 or 10 times more than they have to pay them.
    >
    >Just my $0.02

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Feb 15, 2005
  7. Teddy

    Alistair Guest

    If you're tired of the super models, just stop wearing the
    lapel pin. You'll still "smell" Microsoft Certified
    (hmmmmm ... mothballs), but the chicks'll think you're
    just MCSE and leave you alone.

    Alistair, Feb 15, 2005
  8. Teddy

    Eric Guest

    Alistair wrote:

    > If you're tired of the super models, just stop wearing the
    > lapel pin. You'll still "smell" Microsoft Certified
    > (hmmmmm ... mothballs), but the chicks'll think you're
    > just MCSE and leave you alone.

    Great advice! Maybe I can return to a more normal life after all.

    Eric
    Eric, Feb 16, 2005
  9. Teddy

    Alistair Guest

    Yeah. Those damn super models just don't know when to
    quit. The lapel pin's a real leg-spreader.

    Alistair, Feb 17, 2005