    experience.
    also is the new vista exam out yet .
    any answers much appeciated.

    mike ruane, Jun 14, 2007

  2. mike ruane

    RemoteShark Guest

    Salaries vary to a broad degree, are not too easy to compare and may or may
    not be related to certification and training. Personally, I've seen people
    earn €20.000 and others €40.000 a year and from the outside you might not
    really see the difference in their duties or performance. Often it just
    depends on who of them negotiates more successfully. Everyone is entitled to
    maximize her/his salary but also has to do so i.e. usually no-one will pay
    you more if you don't convince them it's in their interest. And companies
    will definitely try the opposite i.e. minimize salaries.

    In my opinion it comes down to this: Jobs are a market place. If your work
    is worth more than what you get it's best (for yourself as well as for your
    manager) to prove it. Qualification might help, but work performance should
    be much more important. If you look around and find a job that fits your
    requirements and pays better, take it or go to your manager and ask for a
    raise. She/he may do so or not, and then you may stay or not. Isn't it so?

    RemoteShark MCP

    RemoteShark, Jun 15, 2007

  3. mike ruane

    mike ruane Guest

    good analysis.reading the past posts below .the starting rate seems to be 10
    and 13 per hour.
    isnt that what they pay in mcdonalds.
    will this ever improve.i dont mean to be negative but how can anybody pay
    there bills on that wage.
    i figure in america you need at least 30 dollars an hour just to pay your
    bills every month.

    mike ruane, Jun 15, 2007
  4. mike ruane

    TBone Guest

    And on the eigth day "mike ruane" <> did cause
    the electrons to come together and form the following words:

    > good analysis.reading the past posts below .the starting rate seems to
    > be 10 and 13 per hour.
    > isnt that what they pay in mcdonalds.
    > will this ever improve.

    The job market can be looked at as a commodity. It fluctuates. So yes,
    it could improve if either the demand increases or the supply decreases.
    The problem is all the demand for entry level IT is in India and China.

    Also you have to consider that be it McDs or Microsoft, entry level
    positions pay entry level salaries. Without experience, you start at the
    bottom.

    > i dont mean to be negative but how can anybody
    > pay there bills on that wage.
    > i figure in america you need at least 30 dollars an hour just to pay
    > your bills every month.

    Don't get me started on this. There are plenty of people in your good
    ol' USofA who earn a heck of a lot less than that, and still manage to
    get by. Good for you for recognizing you are capable of earning more
    than minumum, but a $30/hr job isn't going to handed to you without
    experience and better spelling and grammar. I.e. You have to *prove* it
    before anyone will pay you that much.

    -------

    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL

    TBone, Jun 15, 2007
  5. mike ruane

    CBIC Guest

    "TBone" <reply2me@thenewsgroup> wrote in message

    > Don't get me started on this. There are plenty of people in your good
    > ol' USofA who earn a heck of a lot less than that, and still manage to
    > get by.

    My Grandpappy, who lived through the Great Depression used to say "it's not
    how much you make but how much you spend." I always thought that was a true
    statement.

    CBIC, Jun 15, 2007
  6. mike ruane

    miker Guest

    tbone ,i didnt know my grammar was under scrutiny here.i dont think you
    should get so defensive.I am a US citizen also .I dont know how anybody can
    live on 10 dollars per hour ,anywhere on the northeast coast.Its possible
    maybe if you are sharing an appartment with 10 other people,and eating
    bananas every day.

    miker, Jun 17, 2007