    [​IMG]
    Even skilled touch typists have trouble typing in a dark room, and for the hunters and peckers, darkness is the kiss of death. There have been a few lighted keyboards on the market recently, but most have suffered from mushy soft “laptop style” keys. Today, we are going to have a look at two offerings from Saitek--the Eclipse, and the PC Gaming Keyboard with Command Pad, to see if it’s finally safe to turn off the lights.
    Article Link: http://www.boxgods.com/dept/hardware/index.php?Action=Article&ID=152

    Silverstrand, Jun 26, 2005

  2. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    unholy, Jun 26, 2005

  3. Silverstrand

    zachig

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    113
    When i was a child (at the age of 12 or 13), smoething like 17 years ago, i had my first PC. It was an 8086 XT PC with 4Mhz speed. Already then i had an idea to develop a lighted keyboard, when no other company was producing it. But i had no investors, no money, no support, and i was only a child. A few years later, some companies started to manufacture those keyboards.
    And for me, I stayed with my dreams, to make money. :(
    If i would push the idea a little further, maybe i could like those days on the beach all day, with a beer in my hand, with the most updated PC (with lighted keyboard, of course) 8) .

    zachig, Jun 28, 2005
  4. Silverstrand

    Technoholic

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    185
    There was no 4MHz computer. Only started with 25MHz and faster.
    By the way, the keyboard looks funky. But coulda been better if there was some multimedia buttons. That would rock.

    Technoholic, Jun 28, 2005
  5. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    U mean a 4 RPM computer... because back then computers that crap were pretty much not silcon!!!! :|

    unholy, Jun 29, 2005