    but this function is not used.
    Regards
    Mike
    james.willsden, Feb 19, 2006

  2. james.willsden

    Dan Evans Guest

    "james.willsden" <> wrote in message
    news:5D3Kf.33579$...

    > Hi
    > I am unable to back - up my sage payroll - get a message stating that as
    > two
    > versions are running , I must shut down the other version (which is not
    > there) or restart the PC, before backing up. I did post this about a month
    > ago, one possible suggestion was that it might be to do with "user" names,
    > but this function is not used.

    Anything by Sage younger than 10 years is crap. Older than 10 is a bit dodgy
    at times as well.

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Feb 19, 2006

  3. james.willsden

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 19:25:53 GMT, james.willsden wrote:

    >Hi
    >I am unable to back - up my sage payroll - get a message stating that as two
    >versions are running , I must shut down the other version (which is not

    You haven't mentioned the OS Win98 / version of Sage 8.03 without a
    reminder or an obvious should have done this without prompting. It's a
    pain to go and lookup even remembering it was there.

    So turn off every PC except the 1 you installed the app on.

    From: james.willsden - view profile
    Date: Fri, Jan 27 2006 9:36 pm
    Groups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk

    Hi
    Refuse to take out blackmail £££££ sage cover / help.
    Problem I`ve got is that I am unable to back-up, on using backup I get a
    box telling me that "two versions of Payroll are running" - to check,
    shut the other one down and reboot if this is not the case. On rebooting
    I get the same message and it will not let me back-up. I definately (??)
    have only programme running. Have contacted sage but will not help
    unless I take out cover.
    Regards
    James

    As mentioned in the Duane post -

    From: Duane Arnold - view profile
    Date: Sat, Nov 19 2005 11:47 pm
    Email: Duane Arnold <>
    Groups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk

    If you cannot get support for software like a payroll application that
    is critical to you, then you should seek out another vendor that will
    give you the support you need at a critical time. There is no excuse for
    them not helping you and you shouldn't have to try and get support from
    a NG.

    Duane :)

    >but this function is not used.
    >Regards