    the monthly wages in a weeks time. nb Sage refuse to help.
    Regards
    Mike

    james.willsden, Nov 19, 2005

  2. james.willsden

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:LnLff.24330$,
    james.willsden spewed forth:
    > Hi
    > Main pc on a network of 4 crashed. All programmes reinstalled etc and
    > running ok, except Sage Payroll - reinstalled from original disc, but
    > on opening get a box asking which company I want to open, one is a
    > demo, the other is the name of my company (how? if from original
    > disc) on clicking on that I get a further box telling me that my
    > access is denied because of network settings, I cannot proceed any
    > further. Additionally I have not installed the programme on a
    > networked path. Help please as I have to run the monthly wages in a
    > weeks time. nb Sage refuse to help.
    > Regards
    > Mike

    So you're not going to bother stating what your OS is? How about the
    locations of the data files? Could you try being a little more vague next
    time?

    --
    Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but you
    still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

    Toolman Tim, Nov 19, 2005

  3. james.willsden

    James Guest

    "james.willsden" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > Main pc on a network of 4 crashed. All programmes reinstalled etc and
    > running ok, except Sage Payroll - reinstalled from original disc, but on
    > opening get a box asking which company I want to open, one is a demo, the
    > other is the name of my company (how? if from original disc) on clicking
    > on
    > that I get a further box telling me that my access is denied because of
    > network settings, I cannot proceed any further. Additionally I have not
    > installed the programme on a networked path. Help please as I have to run
    > the monthly wages in a weeks time. nb Sage refuse to help.
    > Regards
    > Mike

    You can re-install it as many times as you like. If you don't delete out
    the company data in the Sage folder it'll keep coming back to the same state
    that it is now.

    Assuming you have the backup available, uninstall the program, delete the
    sage folders and re-install and import from backup.

    James, Nov 19, 2005
  4. james.willsden

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 19:52:11 GMT, james.willsden wrote:

    >Hi
    >Main pc on a network of 4 crashed. All programmes reinstalled etc and
    >running ok, except Sage Payroll - reinstalled from original disc, but on
    >opening get a box asking which company I want to open, one is a demo, the
    >other is the name of my company (how? if from original disc) on clicking on

    Someone wrote the company info on the disc, if not a CD. Your crashed
    description didn't mention a reformat so many existing registry or data
    files used.

    >that I get a further box telling me that my access is denied because of
    >network settings, I cannot proceed any further. Additionally I have not

    It's not a Sage issue, the message says it's networking. But you didn't
    give much info.

    >installed the programme on a networked path. Help please as I have to run

    If you didn't this time, was it before, since you mentioned it.

    >the monthly wages in a weeks time. nb Sage refuse to help.

    Contact a Sage Reseller / Dealer, used to work for one and we usually
    had Sage refer work to us and dealt with issues like this.

    Should be some in your bit of the country.

    Me

    why?, Nov 19, 2005
  5. Sorry, installed from CD, operating system Windows 98 second edition, the
    original installation was networked. (I`m still learning) A colleague
    mentioned that it was possible that the programme was retrieving existing
    data from the hard drive, if that is the case how do I access and delete the
    culprit files? Am also concerned as I also run Sage Sterling (Line 50) -
    reinstalled with no problems - how do I differentiate between files for
    deletion?
    Regards

    james.willsden, Nov 19, 2005
  6. james.willsden

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "james.willsden" <> wrote in

    > Sorry, installed from CD, operating system Windows 98 second edition,
    > the original installation was networked. (I`m still learning) A
    > colleague mentioned that it was possible that the programme was
    > retrieving existing data from the hard drive, if that is the case how
    > do I access and delete the culprit files? Am also concerned as I also
    > run Sage Sterling (Line 50) - reinstalled with no problems - how do I
    > differentiate between files for deletion?
    > Regards
    >> Mike

    If you cannot get support for software like a payroll application that is
    critical to you, then you should seek out another vendor that will give you
    the support you need at a critical time. There is no excuse for them not
    helping you and you shouldn't have to try and get support from a NG.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Nov 19, 2005
  7. james.willsden

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 11:55:50 -0800, Toolman Tim wrote:

    > In news:LnLff.24330$,
    > james.willsden spewed forth:
    >> Hi
    >> Main pc on a network of 4 crashed. All programmes reinstalled etc and
    >> running ok, except Sage Payroll - reinstalled from original disc, but
    >> on opening get a box asking which company I want to open, one is a
    >> demo, the other is the name of my company (how? if from original
    >> disc) on clicking on that I get a further box telling me that my
    >> access is denied because of network settings, I cannot proceed any
    >> further. Additionally I have not installed the programme on a
    >> networked path. Help please as I have to run the monthly wages in a
    >> weeks time. nb Sage refuse to help.
    >> Regards
    >> Mike

    > So you're not going to bother stating what your OS is? How about the
    > locations of the data files? Could you try being a little more vague next
    > time?

    What fucking difference does it make what OS it is, Fuckface? Assume it is
    XP and give the guy an answer you fucking prick. Oh never mind, you don't
    have an answer do you, bitch.

    Meat Plow, Nov 20, 2005
  8. james.willsden

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 23:47:50 +0000, Duane Arnold wrote:

    > "james.willsden" <> wrote in
    >
    >> Sorry, installed from CD, operating system Windows 98 second edition,
    >> the original installation was networked. (I`m still learning) A
    >> colleague mentioned that it was possible that the programme was
    >> retrieving existing data from the hard drive, if that is the case how
    >> do I access and delete the culprit files? Am also concerned as I also
    >> run Sage Sterling (Line 50) - reinstalled with no problems - how do I
    >> differentiate between files for deletion?
    >> Regards
    >>> Mike
    >>>

    > If you cannot get support for software like a payroll application that is
    > critical to you, then you should seek out another vendor that will give you
    > the support you need at a critical time. There is no excuse for them not
    > helping you and you shouldn't have to try and get support from a NG.
    >
    > Duane :)

    I agree 100%.

    Meat Plow, Nov 20, 2005
  9. james.willsden

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:pan.2005.11.20.14.55.26.500000@****-you.local,
    Meat Plow spewed forth:
    > On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 11:55:50 -0800, Toolman Tim wrote:
    >
    >> In news:LnLff.24330$,
    >> james.willsden spewed forth:
    >>> Hi
    >>> Main pc on a network of 4 crashed. All programmes reinstalled etc
    >>> and running ok, except Sage Payroll - reinstalled from original
    >>> disc, but on opening get a box asking which company I want to open,
    >>> one is a demo, the other is the name of my company (how? if from
    >>> original disc) on clicking on that I get a further box telling me
    >>> that my access is denied because of network settings, I cannot
    >>> proceed any further. Additionally I have not installed the
    >>> programme on a networked path. Help please as I have to run the
    >>> monthly wages in a weeks time. nb Sage refuse to help.
    >>> Regards
    >>> Mike

    >> So you're not going to bother stating what your OS is? How about the
    >> locations of the data files? Could you try being a little more vague
    >> next time?

    > What fucking difference does it make what OS it is, Fuckface? Assume
    > it is XP and give the guy an answer you fucking prick. Oh never mind,
    > you don't have an answer do you, bitch.

    It does matter, foulmouth. Sharing files and security/permissions is
    different in Win9x and WinNT/2K/XP. So go crawl back under the rock you
    oozed out from.

    Toolman Tim, Nov 20, 2005