Safty footware

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Brian, Jun 9, 2004.

  1. Brian

    Brian Guest

    "D" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    news:...
    > Should an employer in the UK provide NEW safety boots when previous ones

    are worn
    > out/damaged, or can they make you wear second hand ones?

    no they can't make you wear second hand ones....
    health and safety law.......
    look for some §s if you are the victim
    Brian, Jun 9, 2004

  2. Brian

    D Guest

    D, Jun 9, 2004

  3. Brian

    Boomer Guest

    "D" <> wrote:

    > Should an employer in the UK provide NEW safety boots when
    > previous ones are worn out/damaged, or can they make you wear
    > second hand ones?

    Hi

    You can also ask over at uk.legal.
    Boomer, Jun 9, 2004
  4. Brian

    D Guest

    "Brian" <> wrote in message news:...

    > "D" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > > Should an employer in the UK provide NEW safety boots when previous ones

    > are worn
    > > out/damaged, or can they make you wear second hand ones?
    > >

    > no they can't make you wear second hand ones....
    > health and safety law.......
    > look for some §s if you are the victim

    Can you supply a link? so I can print it off and show them.
    D, Jun 9, 2004
  5. Brian

    Brian Guest

    > > "D" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > > > Should an employer in the UK provide NEW safety boots when previous

    ones
    > > are worn
    > > > out/damaged, or can they make you wear second hand ones?
    > > >

    > > no they can't make you wear second hand ones....
    > > health and safety law.......
    > > look for some §s if you are the victim
    > >

    > Can you supply a link? so I can print it off and show them.

    not really but i'm sure if you google around a bit you will find something
    search for occupations health and safety act
    Brian, Jun 9, 2004
  6. Brian

    D Guest

    "Brian" <> wrote in message news:...

    > "D" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > >
    > > "Brian" <> wrote in message

    > > > "D" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

    > ones
    > > > are worn
    > > > >

    > > > no they can't make you wear second hand ones....
    > > > health and safety law.......
    > > > look for some §s if you are the victim
    > > >

    > > Can you supply a link? so I can print it off and show them.
    > >

    > not really but i'm sure if you google around a bit you will find something
    > search for occupations health and safety act

    Been googling for a while, most links lead to footwear manufacturers or references
    to whether employers have a legal obligation to supply them. :0(

    Thank anyway. :0)
    D, Jun 9, 2004
  7. Brian

    slylittlei Guest

    A hairy quadruped, furnished with a tail & pointed ears, probably
    arboreal in it's habits: D stated for the record...
    > Should an employer in the UK provide NEW safety boots when previous
    > ones are worn out/damaged, or can they make you wear second hand ones?

    It's an employer's duty to provide PPE when your job requires it, but I
    doubt there's any stipulation that it has to be new, just servicable.
    Mind you, if my boss tried to fob me off with someone else's boots, I'd have
    some questions to ask about what happened to the last guy..!
    slylittlei, Jun 9, 2004
  8. Brian

    Brian Guest

    "slylittlei" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > A hairy quadruped, furnished with a tail & pointed ears, probably
    > arboreal in it's habits: D stated for the record...
    > > Should an employer in the UK provide NEW safety boots when previous
    > > ones are worn out/damaged, or can they make you wear second hand ones?

    > It's an employer's duty to provide PPE when your job requires it, but I
    > doubt there's any stipulation that it has to be new, just servicable.
    > Mind you, if my boss tried to fob me off with someone else's boots, I'd

    have
    > some questions to ask about what happened to the last guy..!

    i'm sure there is... the clothing can be industrially steam cleaned(this is
    allowed) but not footwear... what if the person before hand had some kind of
    foot disease or alsers... nope ..sure that an employer cannot do that.. u
    are right though this may not be stated in any written H&S document but i am
    sure there is somekind of court decision been made in the past... and if so
    it will be on the net somewhere and be quotable.
    Brian, Jun 9, 2004
  9. Brian

    Ian Moyce Guest

    Brian wrote:
    >> some kind of foot disease or alsers... nope ..sure

    Whats an alser?

    --
    Ian Moyce

    *pie*
    Ian Moyce, Jun 9, 2004
  10. Brian

    Brian Guest

    "Ian Moyce" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Brian wrote:
    > >> some kind of foot disease or alsers... nope ..sure

    > Whats an alser?
    >
    > --
    > Ian Moyce
    >
    > *pie*

    thanks Ian... i have been living in germany many years now and have really
    lost it... i meant the things that you can pick up in showers, swimbaths
    etc... maybe you can help me remembering this word?
    Brian, Jun 9, 2004
  11. Brian

    Parko Guest

    On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 14:48:25 +0100, D wrote:

    > Should an employer in the UK provide NEW safety boots when previous ones are worn
    > out/damaged, or can they make you wear second hand ones?

    I would personally return the boots to the employer's rectum, along
    with the job. The employer must be a bastard boss from hell, and your
    workplace unsafe.

    --
    Parko
    Registered Linux User #339345
    Parko, Jun 9, 2004
  12. Brian

    slylittlei Guest

    A hairy quadruped, furnished with a tail & pointed ears, probably
    arboreal in it's habits: Brian stated for the record...
    > "Ian Moyce" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

    >> Whats an alser?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ian Moyce
    >>
    >> *pie*
    >>

    > thanks Ian... i have been living in germany many years now and have
    > really lost it... i meant the things that you can pick up in showers,
    > swimbaths etc... maybe you can help me remembering this word?

    Verruca?
    slylittlei, Jun 9, 2004
  13. Brian

    > A hairy quadruped, furnished with a tail & pointed ears, probably
    > arboreal in it's habits: Brian stated for the record...
    > > "Ian Moyce" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > >>
    > >> Whats an alser?
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Ian Moyce
    > >>
    > >> *pie*
    > >>

    > > thanks Ian... i have been living in germany many years now and have
    > > really lost it... i meant the things that you can pick up in showers,
    > > swimbaths etc... maybe you can help me remembering this word?

    > Verruca?

    yes, yes.. thankyou .... thats what i meant :)
    Brian, Jun 10, 2004