    Anyone know of a free program to clean up your registry entries? For
    example, entries which are no longer applicable or are just lying dormant?
    Plus being safe to begin with?

    Bud Light, Dec 25, 2004

  2. Bud Light

    Bareill Guest

    "Bud Light" <> wrote in message news:...
    : Anyone know of a free program to clean up your registry entries? For
    : example, entries which are no longer applicable or are just lying dormant?
    : Plus being safe to begin with?
    :
    :
    :
    EasyCleaner 2.0
    http://personal.inet.fi/business/toniarts/
    and a lot more besides

    Bareill, Dec 25, 2004

  3. Bud Light

    Old Gringo Guest

    Bud Light wrote:
    > Anyone know of a free program to clean up your registry entries? For
    > example, entries which are no longer applicable or are just lying dormant?
    > Plus being safe to begin with?

    There are a bunch of them out there such as:
    http://www.jv16.org/
    The one I use. Which ever one you choose, do not let it do anything
    automatically. Know your registry and remove things you know about.
    If you are not familiar with your registry, leave it alone.

    --
    Old Gringo George
    Just West Of Nowhere

    Old Gringo, Dec 25, 2004
  4. Bud Light

    Parko Guest

    On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 10:05:18 -0500, Bud Light wrote:

    > Anyone know of a free program to clean up your registry entries? For
    > example, entries which are no longer applicable or are just lying dormant?
    > Plus being safe to begin with?

    In Windows I have used RegscrubXP 3.25 and ERUNT/NTREGOPT since early 2002
    without any traumas. You'd be surprised at what these appys slice out of
    the regisration files and then compact them, even after a clean install.
    164 redundant entries is, I think, the best clean out I've managed yet on
    an XP system after a fresh install!
    http://home.t-online.de/home/lars.hederer/erunt/
    --
    Parko
    Considering a new siggie:

    Parko, Dec 25, 2004
  5. Bud Light

    Bud Light Guest

    "Parko" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 10:05:18 -0500, Bud Light wrote:
    >
    > > Anyone know of a free program to clean up your registry entries? For
    > > example, entries which are no longer applicable or are just lying

    dormant?
    > > Plus being safe to begin with?

    > In Windows I have used RegscrubXP 3.25 and ERUNT/NTREGOPT since early 2002
    > without any traumas. You'd be surprised at what these appys slice out of
    > the regisration files and then compact them, even after a clean install.
    > 164 redundant entries is, I think, the best clean out I've managed yet on
    > an XP system after a fresh install!
    > http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=2048
    > http://home.t-online.de/home/lars.hederer/erunt/
    > --
    > Parko
    > Considering a new siggie:
    > including "more beer" & "never get married". Or both.

    Thanks for the help.

    Bud Light, Dec 25, 2004
  6. Bud Light

    Richard Guest

    Bareill wrote:

    > "Bud Light" <> wrote in message
    > news:... : Anyone know of a free program
    > to clean up your registry entries? For : example, entries which are no
    > longer applicable or are just lying dormant? : Plus being safe to begin
    > with? :
    > :
    > :
    > EasyCleaner 2.0
    > http://personal.inet.fi/business/toniarts/
    > and a lot more besides

    Highly recommended.

    Richard, Dec 25, 2004
  7. "Bareill" <> wrote in message

    > "Bud Light" <> wrote in message
    > : Anyone know of a free program to clean up your registry entries? For
    > : example, entries which are no longer applicable or are just lying
    > dormant?
    > : Plus being safe to begin with?
    > :
    > :
    > :
    > EasyCleaner 2.0
    > http://personal.inet.fi/business/toniarts/
    > and a lot more besides

    Nice program but users should be aware that it doesn't play well with
    WordPerfect. Dunno what the problem is exactly but if you accept the default
    settings and clean up all "invalid" entries, you'll have to reinstall
    WordPerfect to get it to run. Other than that...

    Oxford Systems, Dec 25, 2004
  8. Bud Light

    Richard Guest

    Oxford Systems wrote:

    > "Bareill" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Bud Light" <> wrote in message
    >> : Anyone know of a free program to clean up your registry entries? For
    >> : example, entries which are no longer applicable or are just lying
    >> dormant?
    >> : Plus being safe to begin with?
    >> :
    >> :
    >> :
    >> EasyCleaner 2.0
    >> http://personal.inet.fi/business/toniarts/
    >> and a lot more besides

    > Nice program but users should be aware that it doesn't play well with
    > WordPerfect. Dunno what the problem is exactly but if you accept the
    > default settings and clean up all "invalid" entries, you'll have to
    > reinstall WordPerfect to get it to run. Other than that...

    If you haven't already, tell toni about it.
    Use the forum though.

    Richard, Dec 26, 2004