  1. John Kerkes

    John Kerkes Guest

    Just wondering what is the safest browser ?

    John Kerkes, Jan 7, 2008

  2. John Kerkes wrote:
    > Just wondering what is the safest browser ?

    Cross post snipped. If a cross post is really necessary, please mention
    it in the body of the post, and set a followup to the group where you
    wish the discussion to take place.

    Well safest is to disconnect your computer from the internet and not use
    any browser. :)

    Perhaps you can give a little more detail as to your concerns, so we can
    give a more responsive answer.

    Lee

    --
    Leonidas Jones, Netscape/Mozilla Champion
    The Champs: http://mozillachampions.ufaq.org

    Leonidas Jones, Jan 8, 2008

  3. John Kerkes

    Miller Guest

    *Leonidas Jones* wrote:
    > John Kerkes wrote:
    >> Just wondering what is the safest browser ?
    >>

    > Cross post snipped. If a cross post is really necessary, please mention
    > it in the body of the post, and set a followup to the group where you
    > wish the discussion to take place.
    >
    > Well safest is to disconnect your computer from the internet and not use
    > any browser. :)
    >
    > Perhaps you can give a little more detail as to your concerns, so we can
    > give a more responsive answer.

    Lynx. Nothing else. :)

    Miller, Jan 8, 2008
  4. John Kerkes

    Fuzzy Logic Guest

    "John Kerkes" <> wrote in news:2Gygj.6446$lo5.1027
    @newssvr19.news.prodigy.net:

    > Just wondering what is the safest browser ?

    All the major browsers have had and will continue to have critical
    vulnerabilities. Factor in plugins and extensions and there are even more
    potential vulnerabilities. What's 'safe' today will certainly be compromised
    in short order when a major flaw is discovered (critical security updates
    for the major browsers seem to occur at least once every 3 months).

    Find a well supported browser YOU like, learn and use it's security options,
    make sure ALL your software is patched and up to date and practices safe
    computing and you are as 'safe' as you are likely going to be.

    Fuzzy Logic, Jan 8, 2008
  5. John Kerkes wrote:
    > Just wondering what is the safest browser ?

    lynx

    --
    Marshall Price of Miami
    Known to Yahoo as d021317c