Safely removing my Mp3 player from my computer

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by JD, Jan 21, 2004.

  1. JD

    JD Guest

    The directions state: To avoid damage to your player or data loss,
    always follow the procedure listed before disconnecting the player
    from the USB cable.

    Using your mouse, double click the " Safely Remove Hardware" icon on
    the task bar.

    After clicking the icon, the "Safely remove Hardware" window is
    displayed, then select "USB Mass Storage Device" click stop button.

    Problem:
    No Safely Remove Hardware Icon is displayed on the task
    bar...Therefore no Safely Remove Window.

    What would cause the icon not to appear in the task bar?

    OS Windows Me Explorer 5.5

    Memorex MMP8500 Mp3 Player

    Thanks in advance
    JD
    JD, Jan 21, 2004

  2. JD

    Smoker Guest

    "JD" <> wrote in message
    > The directions state: To avoid damage to your player or data loss,
    > always follow the procedure listed before disconnecting the player
    > from the USB cable.
    >
    > Using your mouse, double click the " Safely Remove Hardware" icon on
    > the task bar.
    >
    > After clicking the icon, the "Safely remove Hardware" window is
    > displayed, then select "USB Mass Storage Device" click stop button.
    >
    > Problem:
    > No Safely Remove Hardware Icon is displayed on the task
    > bar...Therefore no Safely Remove Window.
    >
    > What would cause the icon not to appear in the task bar?
    >
    > OS Windows Me Explorer 5.5
    >
    > Memorex MMP8500 Mp3 Player
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    > JD

    It sounds like a stupid extra step that shouldn't have been necessary in the
    first place. Maybe they fixed it but didn't bother to change the directions.
    Smoker, Jan 22, 2004

  3. JD

    JD Guest

    "JD" <> wrote in message
    > The directions state: To avoid damage to your player or data loss,
    > always follow the procedure listed before disconnecting the player
    > from the USB cable.
    >
    > Using your mouse, double click the " Safely Remove Hardware" icon on
    > the task bar.
    >
    > After clicking the icon, the "Safely remove Hardware" window is
    > displayed, then select "USB Mass Storage Device" click stop

    button.

    > Problem:
    > No Safely Remove Hardware Icon is displayed on the task
    > bar...Therefore no Safely Remove Window.
    >
    > What would cause the icon not to appear in the task bar?
    >
    > OS Windows Me Explorer 5.5
    >
    > Memorex MMP8500 Mp3 Player
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    > JD

    I sure would appreciate a little help with getting the safely remove
    hardware Icon to appear on the Task bar the way it should. I've been
    checking back here for an answer and trying to correct it with no
    results. I reinstalled the program several times.

    The safely remove hardware Icon for my digital camera also isn't
    appearing on the task bar. It used to work.
    I also reinstalled this program several times.

    Both storage devices show in the System Properties Device Manager.
    the Mp3 player and the camera can be used, but both have to be
    disconnected improperly.

    Waiting patiently JD
    JD, Jan 24, 2004