    How do I remove the anoying "Safely Remove Hardware" icon from the
    system tray?
    THANKS!

    ToyalP2, Jul 31, 2007

  2. ToyalP2

    saddles Guest

    "ToyalP2" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi,
    > How do I remove the anoying "Safely Remove Hardware" icon from the
    > system tray?
    > THANKS!

    Why do you want to remove it? It's there to access the USB removeable
    storeage safety shutdown feature. You can just "yuk" your flashdrive out 99
    times out of 100 (or maybe 999 out to 1000) without problems, but it's that
    one time that's going to mess things up for you :)
    But maybe you never remove your device, so to answer your question: right
    click the notification area (system tray) and click on Properties. Under
    "Notification area" click on "Customize". Find "Safely Remove Hardware" in
    the list and change it's behaviour in the drop down list box to "Always
    hide". OK that and OK the previous dialog box.

    saddles, Jul 31, 2007

  3. ToyalP2

    Guest

    Just go to start bar properties and make it always hidden

    , Aug 17, 2007