Safely connect Canon Digital Rebel to a strobe?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by SZ, Dec 18, 2003.

  1. SZ

    SZ Guest

    Hi,

    I asked similar question before and people suggested using
    a hot-shoe to pc adapter. But after a little more investigation,
    I found my strobe actually has the triggering voltage of 8-9 V,
    which is slightly higher than the acceptable voltage by Canon (6 V).

    I know it is most likely ok to use a normal hot-shoe to pc
    adapter, but I do not want to take any chances.

    I am thinking of buying Wein safe-sync adapter, but I am not
    sure if it will work with such low input voltage (8-9 V).

    Does anyone have experience on that? or have alternative
    solution?

    Thanks,

    -SZ
    SZ, Dec 18, 2003

  2. Works fine with my Sunpak 383 which has a similar voltage.

    James Cassatt, Dec 18, 2003

  3. SZ

    SZ Guest

    Thanks for reply.

    Do you use Canon Digital Rebel too? and You measured
    the triggering voltage of sunpak 383 to be 8-9 V?

    Thanks,

    -shan

    SZ, Dec 19, 2003