    Password (secret) is the same "300"

    Has anybody got any ideas ???

    , Nov 16, 2006

  2. The Iceman Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have setup a safecom phone to register with trixbox, all works fine
    > if I do not use a password (secret) however if I add a secret it will
    > not register with trixbox.
    >
    > Username is my ext i.e "300"
    > Password (secret) is the same "300"
    >
    > Has anybody got any ideas ???

    I'm using the SDSIP-3000.
    I've got mine registering successfully to 2 providers.
    Primary is voipcheap.com and is used for outgoing calls but has no voipin
    number assigned.
    Secondary is to SIPGate on which my incoming calls arrive.
    Both accounts have a password and work fine.

    It depends on your voip provider.
    With voipcheap.com the password is the same you'd use to login at their
    website.
    With SIPGate the "My account" username and password is different to the SIP
    username and password!

    Hope this helps.

    Contact your voip provider trixbox and ask what your username and password
    are for SIP registration.

    The Iceman

    The Iceman, Nov 16, 2006

  3. Jono Guest

    The Iceman explained on 16/11/2006 :

    www.trixbox.org is not a voip provider, it's his own PABX

    Jono, Nov 16, 2006
  4. The Iceman Guest

    "Jono" <> wrote in message
    > The Iceman explained on 16/11/2006 :
    >

    >> Contact your voip provider trixbox and ask what your username and
    >> password are for SIP registration.

    > www.trixbox.org is not a voip provider, it's his own PABX

    D'oh!!!
    What an idiot! 8^(

    The Iceman, Nov 16, 2006
  5. linker3000 Guest

    wrote:

    > I have setup a safecom phone to register with trixbox, all works fine
    > if I do not use a password (secret) however if I add a secret it will
    > not register with trixbox.
    >
    > Username is my ext i.e "300"
    > Password (secret) is the same "300"
    >
    > Has anybody got any ideas ???

    Make sure there's a space after the ID and before the '@' sign in the
    Username/Phone-No field - eg:

    8201 @192.168.101.200

    Also have a look at the Safecom SDIP-5000 forum:

    http://adsltech.com/portal/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=70&PN=1

    We have 5 of the phones working OK with A@H and are going to Trixbox 'soon'.

    HTH

    linker3000, Nov 17, 2006