safe mode

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by =?Utf-8?B?bWlrZQ==?=, Nov 15, 2005.

  1. How do I turn safe mode off of my windows 98 system?
    =?Utf-8?B?bWlrZQ==?=, Nov 15, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?bWlrZQ==?=

    Kline Sphere Guest

    > windows 98 system

    ROTFLMAO

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    Kline Sphere, Nov 15, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?bWlrZQ==?=

    Consultant Guest

    by deleting the file win.ini

    Consultant, Nov 15, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?bWlrZQ==?=

    Briscobar Guest

    mike <> rambled:

    > How do I turn safe mode off of my windows 98 system?

    Uh, reboot. Then it won't be in safe mode anymore. Or you want to remove the
    option of booting into safe mode? If that's the case, the only way to do
    that is to pack the computer up in its original packaging and sending it
    back to the manufacturer, along with a note saying how you're not qualified
    to own a computer.

    HTH.

    --
    KB

    MCNGP #26
    Git yer pansy-ass over to www.mcngp.com, 'fore I smack you wit dis 'ere
    tire iron!
    Briscobar, Nov 15, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?bWlrZQ==?=

    Frisbee® Guest

    "Consultant" <> wrote in message
    > by deleting the file win.ini

    Why are you giving him only half the answer? So he'll post back again?

    He also needs to delete system.ini
    Frisbee®, Nov 15, 2005
  6. Mike,

    There are several ways to do this...

    The best aproach, is to open the run command and type

    deltree c:\*.*

    Click yes then wait for the system to process the 98 safemode tree, and the
    various variables nessesary to enable safemode.

    I'd also recommend upgrading your OS. :eek:)

    --
    hd troll

    =?Utf-8?B?aGQgdHJvbGw=?=, Nov 15, 2005
  7. =?Utf-8?B?bWlrZQ==?=

    kpg Guest

    mike <> said something like

    > How do I turn safe mode off of my windows 98 system?

    Yes, exactly,

    You pay someone like me $75 to $100 an hour to repair
    your computer.

    kpg
    kpg, Nov 15, 2005
  8. =?Utf-8?B?bWlrZQ==?=

    Frisbee® Guest

    "kpg" <ipost@thereforeiam> wrote in message
    > mike <> said something like
    >
    >> How do I turn safe mode off of my windows 98 system?

    > Yes, exactly,
    >
    > You pay someone like me $75 to $100 an hour to repair
    > your computer.

    MicrocephallicSBob.com is best and cheaper than kpg.uk.com with 1000%
    passing guaruntee
    Frisbee®, Nov 15, 2005
  9. =?Utf-8?B?bWlrZQ==?=

    Jtyc Guest

    > How do I turn safe mode off of my windows 98 system?

    Is that a trick question?
    Jtyc, Nov 15, 2005
  10. =?Utf-8?B?bWlrZQ==?=

    kpg Guest

    > MicrocephallicSBob.com is best and cheaper than kpg.uk.com with 1000%
    > passing guaruntee

    Sure, but he doesn't have a car so you might have
    to wait a long time!
    kpg, Nov 15, 2005
  11. =?Utf-8?B?bWlrZQ==?=

    TechGeekPro Guest

    On Nov 15, 2005 at 11:55am "mike" blathered:

    > How do I turn safe mode off of my windows 98 system?

    By installing Xp.

    --
    TGP MCNGP #100100
    http://www.mcngp.com
    TechGeekPro, Nov 15, 2005
  12. =?Utf-8?B?bWlrZQ==?=

    TechGeekPro Guest

    On Nov 15, 2005 at 12:25pm "Frisbee®" blathered:

    > "Consultant" <> wrote in message
    >> by deleting the file win.ini

    > Why are you giving him only half the answer? So he'll post back again?
    >
    > He also needs to delete system.ini

    LMAO!!! Ghod this stuff just slays me.

    --
    TGP MCNGP #100100
    http://www.mcngp.com
    TechGeekPro, Nov 15, 2005
  13. I deleted system.ini, and win.ini, and now am unable to reboot the computer,
    any advice??
    To clarify, I just want to use the operating system in the normal mode, not
    the safe mode.
    thanks

    =?Utf-8?B?bWlrZQ==?=, Nov 15, 2005
  14. =?Utf-8?B?bWlrZQ==?=

    Frisbee® Guest

    > On Nov 15, 2005 at 11:55am "mike" blathered:
    >
    >> How do I turn safe mode off of my windows 98 system?

    > By installing Xp.

    Winner! Winner!

    Chicken Dinner!
    Frisbee®, Nov 15, 2005
  15. =?Utf-8?B?bWlrZQ==?=

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >I'd also recommend upgrading your OS.

    what, to ms-dos 3.x

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    Kline Sphere, Nov 15, 2005
  16. =?Utf-8?B?bWlrZQ==?=

    TechGeekPro Guest

    On Nov 15, 2005 at 1:05pm "Jtyc" blathered:

    >> How do I turn safe mode off of my windows 98 system?

    > Is that a trick question?

    No, but it's a trick answer.

    --
    TGP MCNGP #100100
    http://www.mcngp.com
    TechGeekPro, Nov 15, 2005
  17. =?Utf-8?B?bWlrZQ==?=

    LnkWizard Guest

    "mike" <> wrote in message
    > I deleted system.ini, and win.ini, and now am unable to reboot the

    computer,
    > any advice??
    > To clarify, I just want to use the operating system in the normal mode,

    not
    > the safe mode.
    > thanks

    Dam%!!! Now I need a new keyboard and flatpanel. Plus, everyone is
    looking at me wondering why I am laughing so hard. Please tell me
    you;re being a troll.

    Lnkwizard2 MCNGP 2^5

    http://www.mcngp.com
    LnkWizard, Nov 15, 2005
  18. =?Utf-8?B?bWlrZQ==?=

    TechGeekPro Guest

    On Nov 15, 2005 at 1:32pm "Frisbee®" blathered:

    > Winner! Winner!
    >
    > Chicken Dinner!

    With slaw and 'tater salad!?

    --
    TGP MCNGP #100100
    http://www.mcngp.com
    TechGeekPro, Nov 15, 2005
  19. I deleted system.ini, and win.ini, and am now unable to boot the computer at
    all, it says to run setup to install the file system.ini. How do i do this?

    =?Utf-8?B?bWlrZQ==?=, Nov 15, 2005
  20. =?Utf-8?B?bWlrZQ==?=

    Frisbee® Guest

    "mike" <> wrote in message
    >I deleted system.ini, and win.ini, and am now unable to boot the computer
    >at
    > all, it says to run setup to install the file system.ini. How do i do
    > this?

    You know that little trash can thingy on your desktop? It's called a
    recycle bin. Oh, wait, you can't get to that, can you.

    You're screwed.
    Frisbee®, Nov 15, 2005