    therebel Guest

    my desktop is booting up in safe mode. how do I revert it to normal? running
    XP pro. the rebel
    therebel, Oct 10, 2005

  2. therebel

    JD Guest

    therebel wrote:
    > my desktop is booting up in safe mode. how do I revert it to normal? running
    > XP pro. the rebel

    Pres F8 when it is booting up and select normal
    JD, Oct 10, 2005

  3. therebel

    therebel Guest

    done that, not made any difference. I assume it is in safe mode as I have
    basic operations running, my task bar is grey and I have no sound.

    therebel, Oct 11, 2005
  4. therebel

    Guest

    try start/run msconfig
    select the 'boot.ini' tab
    check to see if '/safeboot' is checked. uncheck if checked. then
    reboot.

    are you getting any error messages when you boot?

    hth
    dennis
    , Oct 12, 2005