    could anyone please help and tell me to stop windows xp opening up in safe
    mode I am unable to play any of my games because of it.
    thanx in advance the bopper.
    the bopper, Jul 7, 2003

  2. the bopper

    Kráftéé Guest

    > could anyone please help and tell me to stop windows xp opening up
    in
    > safe mode I am unable to play any of my games because of it.
    > thanx in advance the bopper.

    Yep cure the problem which is causing it to open in safe mode

    --
    B-)
    Life is pain.....
    Kráftéé, Jul 7, 2003

  3. the bopper

    the bopper Guest

    quite right but how do i stop xp opening up in safe mode Please!

    the bopper, Jul 7, 2003
  4. the bopper

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as the bopper continued:

    > could anyone please help and tell me to stop windows xp opening up in
    > safe mode I am unable to play any of my games because of it.
    > thanx in advance the bopper.

    No problem. Put the empties behind the sofa, she'll never find them there.
    --
    slumpy
    no more
    slumpy, Jul 7, 2003
  5. the bopper

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as the bopper continued:

    > quite right but how do i stop xp opening up in safe mode Please!

    Ah you actually want to stop XP opening in safe mode, instead of just being
    told to do so. I understand now.
    --
    slumpy
    no more
    slumpy, Jul 7, 2003
  6. the bopper

    the bopper Guest

    does anyone want to help me please

    the bopper, Jul 7, 2003
  7. the bopper

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Jul 7, 2003
  8. the bopper

    the bopper Guest

    I get the safe mode message when I try to play a game from disc

    the bopper, Jul 7, 2003
  9. the bopper

    Kráftéé Guest

    > I get the safe mode message when I try to play a game from disc

    So you are saying that Windows is telling you that is in safe mode or
    that it needs to be in safe mode??????

    Read what's already been posted & try again
    --
    B-)
    Life is pain.....
    Kráftéé, Jul 7, 2003
  10. the bopper

    DH Guest

    Sometimes, for various reasons, Windows will insert a line in the MSDOS.SYS
    file, that forces Windows to start in "Safe Mode" for no apparent reason.
    MSDOS.SYS is a hidden/read only/system file. You can look at the file, to
    see if there is a line in it that says SafeMode=1. If the line is there, you
    need to either remove it, or change it to say SafeMode=0. The MSDOS.SYS file
    is located in the root directory of your C: drive. You will have to change
    the attributes of the file to be able to edit it. But, you can look at the
    file with "WordPad" or "NotePad" to see if the line is there.

    DH, Jul 7, 2003
  11. the bopper

    Shep© Guest

    On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 18:45:38 +0000 (UTC), In this world we created "the
    bopper" <> wrote :

    >I get the safe mode message when I try to play a game from disc

    Try copying the Disk to the hard drive and install the game from
    there?

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,
    Free songs download,