    Which is it, please?
    Thanks

    bye Ulisse

    Ulisse, Apr 22, 2004

  2. Ulisse

    colin Guest

    Ulisse <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi,
    > I have to reboot my PC in Safe Mode but I don't remember the key.
    > Which is it, please?
    > Thanks
    >
    > bye Ulisse

    F8

    Also, if you`re using win98se like me, you can hold down the Ctrl key at
    bootup.

    colin, Apr 22, 2004

  3. Ulisse

    Plato Guest

    colin wrote:

    > Also, if you`re using win98se like me, you can hold down the Ctrl key at
    > bootup.

    Undocumented tweak. Often it works. Often it doesn't work. It used to
    friggen work on my PC till I changed the mobo.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Apr 23, 2004
  4. Ulisse

    colin Guest

    Plato <|@|.|> wrote in message news:40885279$0$1705$...
    > colin wrote:
    > >
    > > Also, if you`re using win98se like me, you can hold down the Ctrl key at
    > > bootup.

    > Undocumented tweak. Often it works. Often it doesn't work. It used to
    > friggen work on my PC till I changed the mobo.

    It most likely ties into the age of the motherboards, perhaps?
    Although, I`ve got 4 different brands of mobo that were made around 97/98,
    and all of them will work with the Ctrl key when 98se is installed; but not
    when win95 is the os.

    colin, Apr 23, 2004
  5. Ulisse

    ProfGene Guest

    It might depend on which computer but for mine it is f8

    ProfGene, Apr 24, 2004
  6. Ulisse

    Allen_L Guest

    In news:,
    Ulisse <> typed:
    > Hi,
    > I have to reboot my PC in Safe Mode but I don't remember the key.
    > Which is it, please?
    > Thanks
    >
    > bye Ulisse

    F5 will sometimes work, but most of the time it's F8. Just keep 'tapping'
    the key constantly as you re-start will get you there...in other words, just
    tap as fast as you like on the F8 or F5 and you will see the menu come up as
    it reboots. Then chose the line with the arrow keys before it times out and
    boots back into Windows.

    ....Allen

    Allen_L, Apr 27, 2004