    I would really appreciate a qualified opinion by the gurus in this forum.
    Thanks in advance.

    Mike

    Mike, Aug 12, 2006

  2. Mike

    aljuhani Guest

    Mike wrote:
    > I recently bought a Netgear wireless router and it works flawlessly. Signal
    > quality is excellent even on my patio where I use my laptop. My desktop is
    > the only one to have an Ethernet connection to the router and that is what
    > worries me : the router is about 6 feet from where I sit ( short cable ) and
    > I am getting worried the RF might pose a safety threat to my body, in terms
    > of radiated power output. What is a typical value of this output ? What is
    > then a safe distance ?? Also, while it is true that my laptop is always more
    > than 30 feet away, most of the time it sits on my lap. Could I inadvertently
    > roast my gonads by doing so ?
    > I would really appreciate a qualified opinion by the gurus in this forum.
    > Thanks in advance.

    Mike.

    See this msg URL from alt.internet.wireless: Note Jeff Liebermann
    reply:

    http://groups.google.com/group/alt....ss rf radiation&rnum=1&hl=en#1dd7db0ceb80f11b

    rgds.

    -aljuhani

    aljuhani, Aug 12, 2006

  3. Hi
    The RF output of the Entry Level Routers is about 30mW.
    There is No evidence that such a low signal can harm.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Aug 13, 2006