    Machine.
    I am not trying to over-clock this computer.

    Thanks

    Jack B. Pollack, Feb 26, 2005

  2. Jack B. Pollack

    Clob Guest

    Are you having restarts and thermal shut downs? If not then its fine.

    Clob, Feb 26, 2005

  3. The heatsink separated from the CPU while I was cleaning the fan. I put some
    CPU heatsink compound on it before replacing it, but just want to make sure
    that it is not getting too hot.

    Jack B. Pollack, Feb 26, 2005
  4. Jack B. Pollack

    Mike K. Guest

    Just make sure the bottom of the heat sink comes completely in contact with
    the CPU die. Also, don't use a whole lot of compund on it, just a dab
    basically.

    Mike K., Feb 26, 2005
  5. I put on about the size of a grain of rice, then smeared it with a
    razor-blade to cover the entire surface.
    CPU is running the 53C range (wish I had looked at what it was running at
    prior to my 'repair').

    Jack B. Pollack, Feb 26, 2005
  6. Jack B. Pollack

    chuckie® Guest

    Generally speaking, if you can keep it below 40° C., you should be safe.
    Bearing in mind, the more you do, the higher the temp will go, that is, the
    temp will be higher playing a graphic intensive game than it will be, say,
    surfing the net or answering email and such. All this depends on the method
    of checking said temp also, some are better than others...luck...

    chuckie®, Feb 26, 2005
  7. Jack B. Pollack wrote:

    > Does anyone know what a safe operating temperature range is for a P4 1.9GHZ
    > Machine.

    If that's a question: yes.

    http://www6.tomshardware.com/cpu/20030217/images/cpu_chart.gif

    See column labeled "Temperature".

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Who has implemented Usenet Solution #45933:

    Blinky the Shark, Feb 26, 2005
  8. Jack B. Pollack wrote:
    > I put on about the size of a grain of rice, then smeared it with a
    > razor-blade to cover the entire surface.
    > CPU is running the 53C range (wish I had looked at what it was
    > running at prior to my 'repair').
    >

    > "Mike K." <> wrote in message
    >> Just make sure the bottom of the heat sink comes completely in
    >> contact with the CPU die. Also, don't use a whole lot of compund on
    >> it, just a dab basically.
    >>

    >> "Jack B. Pollack" <> wrote in message
    >>> The heatsink separated from the CPU while I was cleaning the fan. I
    >>> put some
    >>> CPU heatsink compound on it before replacing it, but just want to
    >>> make sure
    >>> that it is not getting too hot.
    >>>

    >>> "Clob" <> wrote in message

    "In the 53°C range" is meaningless - is that idle - or under load? If under
    load, then it's fine. If idle, then you could potentially have problems - I
    have an Athlon FX-55 and it idles at around 41°C and hits 55° under heavy
    stress. That's normal because the FX-55 is a hot running processor. The
    maximum temperature for a P4 1.9 is around 75°C - if yours is idling at 53°
    then it could hit 68°+ under load and you could run into problems.
    on salads.

    Miss Perspicacia Tick, Feb 26, 2005