Sad or Mad?

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Management, Aug 26, 2005.

  1. Management

    Management Guest

    <QUOTE>
    Andy Martin of The Committee to Fight Microsoft on Tuesday announced
    his intentions to block Microsoft from releasing Windows Vista.
    Martin intends to ask Microsoft for an unconditional warranty that
    the operating system is free of bugs that could result in security
    vulnerabilities.

    "Bill Gates sells the public defective products, and then expects us
    to spend years being his guinea pigs, while he corrects the myriad
    of defects and vulnerabilities in his defective code. This is mass
    consumer fraud." Martin argued.

    "It is unacceptable corporate behavior. Over four years after
    Windows XP was released I still receive regular 'updates' and 'bug
    fixes,' which reflect a product that was originally scandalously
    defective."
    <UNQUOTE>

    See:
    http://www.betanews.com/article/AntiMS_Group_Aims_to_Block_Vista/1123614377

    It's good for a laugh and will warm the cockles of your heart :)

    Charlie.

    --
    Broadcasting to the environs
    www.radiowymsey.org

    Management, Aug 26, 2005

  2. Management

    optikl Guest

    Management wrote:
    > <QUOTE>
    > Andy Martin of The Committee to Fight Microsoft on Tuesday announced his
    > intentions to block Microsoft from releasing Windows Vista. Martin
    > intends to ask Microsoft for an unconditional warranty that the
    > operating system is free of bugs that could result in security
    > vulnerabilities.
    >
    > "Bill Gates sells the public defective products, and then expects us to
    > spend years being his guinea pigs, while he corrects the myriad of
    > defects and vulnerabilities in his defective code. This is mass consumer
    > fraud." Martin argued.
    >
    > "It is unacceptable corporate behavior. Over four years after Windows XP
    > was released I still receive regular 'updates' and 'bug fixes,' which
    > reflect a product that was originally scandalously defective."
    > <UNQUOTE>
    >
    > See:
    > http://www.betanews.com/article/AntiMS_Group_Aims_to_Block_Vista/1123614377
    >

    > It's good for a laugh and will warm the cockles of your heart :)
    >
    > Charlie.

    Is there anything untrue in what he says? BTW, Microsoft isn't the only
    company following this business model.

    optikl, Aug 26, 2005

  3. Management

    Steve Welsh Guest

    Then should't we, the customers/consumers, just **** them off

    Steve Welsh, Aug 27, 2005
  4. Management

    Imhotep Guest

    optikl wrote:

    > Management wrote:
    >> <QUOTE>
    >> Andy Martin of The Committee to Fight Microsoft on Tuesday announced his
    >> intentions to block Microsoft from releasing Windows Vista. Martin
    >> intends to ask Microsoft for an unconditional warranty that the
    >> operating system is free of bugs that could result in security
    >> vulnerabilities.
    >>
    >> "Bill Gates sells the public defective products, and then expects us to
    >> spend years being his guinea pigs, while he corrects the myriad of
    >> defects and vulnerabilities in his defective code. This is mass consumer
    >> fraud." Martin argued.
    >>
    >> "It is unacceptable corporate behavior. Over four years after Windows XP
    >> was released I still receive regular 'updates' and 'bug fixes,' which
    >> reflect a product that was originally scandalously defective."
    >> <UNQUOTE>
    >>
    >> See:

    http://www.betanews.com/article/AntiMS_Group_Aims_to_Block_Vista/1123614377

    >> It's good for a laugh and will warm the cockles of your heart :)
    >>
    >> Charlie.
    >>

    > Is there anything untrue in what he says? BTW, Microsoft isn't the only
    > company following this business model.

    True, many software companies have adopted the Microsoft business model.
    However, we are also partial at fault for allowing it...

    Imhotep, Aug 27, 2005