S90 Samples

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Robert Spanjaard, Sep 18, 2009.

  1. Robert Spanjaard, Sep 18, 2009

  2. Robert Spanjaard

    Charles Guest

    "Robert Spanjaard" <> wrote in message
    news:74740$4ab3dee8$5469b618$...
    > It seems like Canon's claims about the new sensor sensitivy are right.
    > The S90 samples certainly look a lot better than my S80 in low light.

    There is obvious noise in his jacket, but given the conditions (ISO 1600) it
    is impressive.

    Charles, Sep 18, 2009

  3. Robert Spanjaard

    MC Guest

    "Charles" <> wrote in message

    > "Robert Spanjaard" <> wrote in message
    >> It seems like Canon's claims about the new sensor sensitivy are right.
    >> The S90 samples certainly look a lot better than my S80 in low light.

    > There is obvious noise in his jacket, but given the conditions (ISO 1600)
    > it is impressive.

    Also, quite a lot of noise in the shadows and hair. A bit on the background
    also. I have seen better. This sort of noise I would expect at 3200 not
    1600.

    MC

    MC, Sep 19, 2009
  4. On Sat, 19 Sep 2009 01:08:28 +0100, MC wrote:

    >>> It seems like Canon's claims about the new sensor sensitivy are right.
    >>> The S90 samples certainly look a lot better than my S80 in low light.

    >> There is obvious noise in his jacket, but given the conditions (ISO
    >> 1600) it is impressive.

    > Also, quite a lot of noise in the shadows and hair. A bit on the
    > background also. I have seen better. This sort of noise I would expect
    > at 3200 not 1600.

    Makes me wonder which cameras caused such expectations. Got any examples?

    --
    Regards, Robert http://www.arumes.com

    Robert Spanjaard, Sep 19, 2009