    S500 or the Canon G5 for an amateur photographer.

    Thanks,

    Hiker

    HIKER4LIFE, Apr 10, 2004

  2. HIKER4LIFE

    Lucas Tam Guest

    "HIKER4LIFE" <> wrote in
    news::

    > I would be interested in hearing opinions on the comparison of the Canon
    > S500 or the Canon G5 for an amateur photographer.

    Would you consider yourself a hobbiest? If so, get the G5.

    If you intend on taking point and shoot photographs, the S500 is nice.

    I have a S400 and it's a VERY nice camera. However, I also have a Fuji
    Finepix S602 Pro for more serious photography.

    --
    Lucas Tam ()

    Lucas Tam, Apr 10, 2004

  3. HIKER4LIFE

    Joe Guest

    On 04/09/2004 08:17 PM, HIKER4LIFE said:
    > I would be interested in hearing opinions on the comparison of the Canon
    > S500 or the Canon G5 for an amateur photographer.

    I can't comment on the G5, but I have a s500 and would highly
    recommend it. I had the s230, and just upgraded to the s500
    (basically the same camera but 5 MP instead of 3). All the photos
    on my website were done with the s230.

    --
    Joe
    http://www.joekaz.net/