  1. Alan

    Alan Guest

    Can this camera print the date on the photo ?
    Alan, Jul 15, 2003

  2. Alan

    Todd Walker Guest

    In article <3f138442$>,
    says...
    > Can this camera print the date on the photo ?

    No. Why would you want to ruin every picture you take by printing the
    date on them?

    --
    ________________________________
    Todd Walker
    Todd Walker, Jul 15, 2003

  3. Alan

    weth Guest

    You really don't want to ruin pictures by putting the date on them.

    However, I understand the utility of this and why some people would like
    this. Most photo printing software today will use the "EXIF" data that is
    part of the picture file and give you the choice to put the date (or even
    the time) on the picture when you print it, if you would like. That way you
    can decide if you want the date on the picture or not, and change your mind
    later. The original picture remains "clean"

    weth, Jul 15, 2003
  4. Alan

    Neil Maxwell Guest

    On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 04:34:11 GMT, "Alan" <>
    wrote:

    >Can this camera print the date on the photo ?

    I thought I wanted this feature once, so I bought a camera that did
    it. Now, if it accidentally gets turned on and I don't notice, I bang
    my head on the wall when the photos come back.

    What the heck was I thinking?

    Neil Maxwell, Jul 15, 2003
  5. Alan

    Alan Guest

    I am sorry I stated the question incorrectly.
    This should be does this camera have a date and time on the photo in the
    camera when I review the photos ?

    Alan, Jul 16, 2003
  6. Alan

    Wayne Smith Guest

    No, it doesn't.

    Wayne Smith, Jul 16, 2003
  7. Alan

    chamade Guest

    Yes, it does

    chamade, Jul 16, 2003
  8. This should be does this camera have a date and time on the photo in the
    > >camera when I review the photos ?

    The time and date are not on the photo when you review it, the time and date
    are in the bottom right hand corner of the lcd below the picture.

    Charles Eaves, Jul 16, 2003
  9. Alan

    Alan Guest

    So it is different from conventional 35 mm camera that have date printed on
    the photo when they are developed ?
    So do I need to edit the photo by adding a date on the photo before print it
    out or email to somebody ?

    Alan, Jul 16, 2003
  10. Alan

    Peter Jones Guest

    Yes. The date and time are recorded in the EXIF data embedded in the
    JPEG file for the image, the same as virtually all digital cameras (I
    don't know of an exception). There are programs that will read the
    EXIF data and write it as text on top of the JPEG image.

    Peter

    On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 04:06:47 GMT, "Alan" <>
    wrote:

    >So it is different from conventional 35 mm camera that have date printed on
    >the photo when they are developed ?
    >So do I need to edit the photo by adding a date on the photo before print it
    >out or email to somebody ?

    Digital Photography Reference
    http://members.shaw.ca/jonespm2/PJDigPhot.htm
    Touchup, an image viewing applet (also shows EXIF)
    http://members.shaw.ca/jonespm2/software.htm
    Health, happiness and healing
    http://www.SuperNaturalWoman.com
    Peter Jones, Jul 16, 2003