    --
    Regards
    Dave Saville

    Dave Saville, Jun 6, 2009

  2. Dave Saville

    Guest

    Dave Saville schreef:
    > Checking last months phone bills and there are a couple of calls on
    > our BT bill that should not be there. The S450IP dialplan only puts
    > emergency and 08* numbers through BT, so I am at a loss to understand
    > how they got routed like that. Checking older bills I find that one of
    > those numbers, which is also on speed dial, *always* gets routed
    > through BT even though all other numbers on that exchange get routed
    > as expected. We are not selecting "fixed line" first nor is there a #0
    > on the end of the number in the directory.
    >
    > Confused.

    Check your dialplan, also check if you have disabled your local call
    settings, which dials your country and city prefix.
    somewhere in the "detecting" it goes wrong.
    There are no hidden prefixes ? (other brand handset)

    --
    Bedankt, Thanks,

    The Fug.

    , Jun 6, 2009

  3. Dave Saville

    Dave Saville Guest

    On Sat, 6 Jun 2009 15:20:49 UTC, Jono <>
    wrote:

    > Dave Saville wrote :
    > > Checking last months phone bills and there are a couple of calls on
    > > our BT bill that should not be there. The S450IP dialplan only puts
    > > emergency and 08* numbers through BT, so I am at a loss to understand
    > > how they got routed like that. Checking older bills I find that one of
    > > those numbers, which is also on speed dial, *always* gets routed
    > > through BT even though all other numbers on that exchange get routed
    > > as expected. We are not selecting "fixed line" first nor is there a #0
    > > on the end of the number in the directory.
    > >
    > > Confused.

    > Out of interest, if you disconnect the PSTN, what happens when you try
    > to dial the number that *always* gets routed through BT?

    Good thinking that man - will try.
    --
    Regards
    Dave Saville

    Dave Saville, Jun 6, 2009
  4. Dave Saville

    Dave Saville Guest

    On Sat, 6 Jun 2009 17:30:55 UTC, lid wrote:

    > Dave Saville schreef:
    > > Checking last months phone bills and there are a couple of calls on
    > > our BT bill that should not be there. The S450IP dialplan only puts
    > > emergency and 08* numbers through BT, so I am at a loss to understand
    > > how they got routed like that. Checking older bills I find that one of
    > > those numbers, which is also on speed dial, *always* gets routed
    > > through BT even though all other numbers on that exchange get routed
    > > as expected. We are not selecting "fixed line" first nor is there a #0
    > > on the end of the number in the directory.
    > >
    > > Confused.

    > Check your dialplan, also check if you have disabled your local call
    > settings, which dials your country and city prefix.

    I have checked that dial plan so many times. Not even a close match
    and as I said, other numbers that start the same are routed correctly.
    The option to insert local number is turned off - it gets in the way
    of BT services - like it sticks the local code in front of 1471 :)

    > somewhere in the "detecting" it goes wrong.
    > There are no hidden prefixes ? (other brand handset)

    No only the S450IP's own handsets.
    --
    Regards
    Dave Saville

    Dave Saville, Jun 6, 2009
  5. Dave Saville

    Guest

    Dave Saville schreef:
    > On Sat, 6 Jun 2009 17:30:55 UTC, lid wrote:
    >
    >> Dave Saville schreef:
    >>> Checking last months phone bills and there are a couple of calls on
    >>> our BT bill that should not be there. The S450IP dialplan only puts
    >>> emergency and 08* numbers through BT, so I am at a loss to understand
    >>> how they got routed like that. Checking older bills I find that one of
    >>> those numbers, which is also on speed dial, *always* gets routed
    >>> through BT even though all other numbers on that exchange get routed
    >>> as expected. We are not selecting "fixed line" first nor is there a #0
    >>> on the end of the number in the directory.
    >>>
    >>> Confused.

    >> Check your dialplan, also check if you have disabled your local call
    >> settings, which dials your country and city prefix.

    > I have checked that dial plan so many times. Not even a close match
    > and as I said, other numbers that start the same are routed correctly.
    > The option to insert local number is turned off - it gets in the way
    > of BT services - like it sticks the local code in front of 1471 :)
    >
    >> somewhere in the "detecting" it goes wrong.
    >> There are no hidden prefixes ? (other brand handset)
    >>

    > No only the S450IP's own handsets.

    Maybe play with the way dialtones are send,
    audio, sip info, RFCxxxx

    I guess last thing to do is to reset to factory settings,
    and configure again.
    this phone has original Siemens software ?
    and software update is switched on ?

    --
    Bedankt, Thanks,

    The Fug.

    , Jun 7, 2009
  6. Dave Saville

    Dave Saville Guest

    On Sun, 7 Jun 2009 10:02:56 UTC, lid wrote:

    > Maybe play with the way dialtones are send,
    > audio, sip info, RFCxxxx

    Sorry but I don't see how that comes into the picture - If it were
    mishearing then it would do so for all numbers no?

    > I guess last thing to do is to reset to factory settings,
    > and configure again.

    Hmm, I might - but I am using all 6 SIP channels and the damn thing
    does not have a configuratuin save. Why on earth not?

    > this phone has original Siemens software ?
    > and software update is switched on ?

    It has the latest firmware and is enabled for updates, or are you
    implying there is some non Siemens firmware around?

    --
    Regards
    Dave Saville

    Dave Saville, Jun 8, 2009
  7. Dave Saville

    Bodincus Guest

    Jono:
    > Dave Saville wrote :
    >> Checking last months phone bills and there are a couple of calls on
    >> our BT bill that should not be there. The S450IP dialplan only puts
    >> emergency and 08* numbers through BT, so I am at a loss to understand
    >> how they got routed like that. Checking older bills I find that one of
    >> those numbers, which is also on speed dial, *always* gets routed
    >> through BT even though all other numbers on that exchange get routed
    >> as expected. We are not selecting "fixed line" first nor is there a #0
    >> on the end of the number in the directory.
    >>
    >> Confused.

    > Out of interest, if you disconnect the PSTN, what happens when you try
    > to dial the number that *always* gets routed through BT?

    And how is the "Automatic Fallback to Fixed Line:" parameter set in the
    Telephony | Number Assignment GUI page?
    That number you are calling might be not a routable number through your
    VoIP provider, or some other error of any sort is affecting the
    connectivity to that specific number.
    It might be that the called number is another VoIP number with a
    misconfigured endpoint, or an endpoint not accepting any of the codecs
    you enabled on your handset.
    Hard to say without a SIP trace...
    --
    Bodincus - The Y2K Druid
    ----------------------------
    Bodincus, Jun 8, 2009
  8. Dave Saville

    Dave Saville Guest

    On Mon, 8 Jun 2009 20:14:34 UTC, Bodincus <> wrote:

    > Jono:
    > > Dave Saville wrote :
    > >> Checking last months phone bills and there are a couple of calls on
    > >> our BT bill that should not be there. The S450IP dialplan only puts
    > >> emergency and 08* numbers through BT, so I am at a loss to understand
    > >> how they got routed like that. Checking older bills I find that one of
    > >> those numbers, which is also on speed dial, *always* gets routed
    > >> through BT even though all other numbers on that exchange get routed
    > >> as expected. We are not selecting "fixed line" first nor is there a #0
    > >> on the end of the number in the directory.
    > >>
    > >> Confused.

    > > Out of interest, if you disconnect the PSTN, what happens when you try
    > > to dial the number that *always* gets routed through BT?
    > >

    > And how is the "Automatic Fallback to Fixed Line:" parameter set in the
    > Telephony | Number Assignment GUI page?

    Off

    > That number you are calling might be not a routable number through your
    > VoIP provider, or some other error of any sort is affecting the
    > connectivity to that specific number.

    So *one* number out of the whole 01689 range is not routable? I don't
    think so. And I fail to see how the S450 would reroute to fixed line
    when it has been specifically told not to.

    > It might be that the called number is another VoIP number with a
    > misconfigured endpoint, or an endpoint not accepting any of the codecs
    > you enabled on your handset.

    No, it's our Doctors. And again, the fallback is off.

    > Hard to say without a SIP trace...

    Might try that - Thanks for the idea.

    --
    Regards
    Dave Saville

    Dave Saville, Jun 9, 2009
  9. Dave Saville

    Bodincus Guest

    Dave Saville wrote:
    > On Mon, 8 Jun 2009 20:14:34 UTC, Bodincus <> wrote:
    >> And how is the "Automatic Fallback to Fixed Line:" parameter set in the
    >> Telephony | Number Assignment GUI page?

    > Off

    Hmmm... Something might be forcing the phone to use the landline
    regardless then.
    >> That number you are calling might be not a routable number through your
    >> VoIP provider, or some other error of any sort is affecting the
    >> connectivity to that specific number.

    > So *one* number out of the whole 01689 range is not routable? I don't
    > think so. And I fail to see how the S450 would reroute to fixed line
    > when it has been specifically told not to.

    Sorry to dismiss your idea that an area code is ONE range, it isn't.

    http://www.ofcom.org.uk/telecoms/ioi/numbers/numbers_administered/sabcde2.xls

    Check which provider has been allocated with the number range *that
    specific number* belongs to.
    >> It might be that the called number is another VoIP number with a
    >> misconfigured endpoint, or an endpoint not accepting any of the codecs
    >> you enabled on your handset.

    > No, it's our Doctors. And again, the fallback is off.

    Is it a surgery? NHS phone systems are really duff...
    Science fiction hypothesis, but the Doctor's number might be set - being
    an emergency service - to reject calls from VoIP numbers, or numbers
    that don't have a connected address in the Emergency Services Address
    database, and instruct the Siemens through SIP messages to dial through
    the landline. What CLI do you present to the callee? Does the CLI you
    use have a record in the Emergency Services Addresses database?
    --
    Bodincus - The Y2K Druid
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Bodincus, Jun 9, 2009
  10. Dave Saville

    Dave Saville Guest

    On Tue, 9 Jun 2009 10:22:57 UTC, Bodincus <> wrote:

    > Dave Saville wrote:
    > > On Mon, 8 Jun 2009 20:14:34 UTC, Bodincus <> wrote:
    > >> And how is the "Automatic Fallback to Fixed Line:" parameter set in the
    > >> Telephony | Number Assignment GUI page?

    > > Off

    > Hmmm... Something might be forcing the phone to use the landline
    > regardless then.
    > >> That number you are calling might be not a routable number through your
    > >> VoIP provider, or some other error of any sort is affecting the
    > >> connectivity to that specific number.

    > > So *one* number out of the whole 01689 range is not routable? I don't
    > > think so. And I fail to see how the S450 would reroute to fixed line
    > > when it has been specifically told not to.

    > Sorry to dismiss your idea that an area code is ONE range, it isn't.
    >
    > http://www.ofcom.org.uk/telecoms/ioi/numbers/numbers_administered/sabcde2.xls

    I was thinking more along the lines that what it starts with is what
    triggers dial plans. Therefore I could not see why that particular
    number was any different to any other that started with the same
    digits.

    > Check which provider has been allocated with the number range *that
    > specific number* belongs to.
    > >> It might be that the called number is another VoIP number with a
    > >> misconfigured endpoint, or an endpoint not accepting any of the codecs
    > >> you enabled on your handset.

    > > No, it's our Doctors. And again, the fallback is off.

    > Is it a surgery? NHS phone systems are really duff...
    > Science fiction hypothesis, but the Doctor's number might be set - being
    > an emergency service - to reject calls from VoIP numbers, or numbers
    > that don't have a connected address in the Emergency Services Address
    > database, and instruct the Siemens through SIP messages to dial through
    > the landline. What CLI do you present to the callee? Does the CLI you
    > use have a record in the Emergency Services Addresses database?

    Ah, that is all news. Off to do some checking. Thanks.
    --
    Regards
    Dave Saville

    Dave Saville, Jun 9, 2009